weekend...

Options
so i am going to by boyfriends :love: family's house for the weekend and I love them (it will be a total blast)... BUT when ever we go there I end up eating total crap... his mom makes these wicked good meals with potatoes and meet and dessert (you get the point :smile: ) and I feel rude turning it down but the chicken is usually fried... and the mashed potatoes (wow... butter)... so I think with out saying anything else you guys can figure this out... i EAT all weekend... and come monday I have gained back everything i lost during the week. :noway: motivation / advice needed!!!!! HELP.

~ strawberryblonde ~ :smile: THANKS!!!!!

Replies

• strawberryblonde
    Options
    so i am going to by boyfriends :love: family's house for the weekend and I love them (it will be a total blast)... BUT when ever we go there I end up eating total crap... his mom makes these wicked good meals with potatoes and meet and dessert (you get the point :smile: ) and I feel rude turning it down but the chicken is usually fried... and the mashed potatoes (wow... butter)... so I think with out saying anything else you guys can figure this out... i EAT all weekend... and come monday I have gained back everything i lost during the week. :noway: motivation / advice needed!!!!! HELP.

~ strawberryblonde ~ :smile: THANKS!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water & load up on the salads (or offer to make one if she doesn't!) :wink:

Have fun! :drinker:
  • shivers
    Options
    I know weekends with Family are the worst! All that yummy food and everyone's digging in so I join them... :frown: Definitely important to drink lots of water, not only does that keep your mouth occupied it also helps you to feel less peckish and you won't eat as much. Try to just eat a small breakfast of something filling like porridge, and then just take small portions of everything at dinner. It's hard to do I know, but stop before you think you're full and your body will thank you for it. Good luck with it! :smile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but in moderation! Pick off the skin and just eat the chicken since the fried skin is the worst part.....can you opt for gravy instead of butter on those potatoes, or low fat sour cream? I love "I can''t believe it's not butter" spray. No calories or fat.....kinda worries me WHAT it really is, but it taste good and there are no calories so whatever.

Load up on salad, veggies, fruit, or bring your own healtheir dishes.....they'll appreciate your offer to help and I am sure there are others who would appreciate more healtheir choices. Take a long walk before dinner so you have more calories to work with. Have fun :happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay you really won't gain what you lost all week just by a weekend on binging. It actually does your body good to eat more occationally. I personally took the summer "off" and didn't watch what I at, and I broke my plateau and lost weight by eating more. You may weigh a little more monday than you did on friday, but after you take a good poop and drink enough water monday to wash out all that extra sodium and fluids, by tuesday or wendsday you should be back to your friday weight. I try to weigh my self only once a week because weight can fluctuate so much from day to day.

The main thing is if you eat healthy all week and splurge alittle on the weekend it won't kill you, and it can actually do more good than harm.

PS eat a peice of fried chicken for me.