I need friends to help motivate me

Options
Hi! I am 45 year old female. I have been tracking calories on and off for several years. At first I did great and lost Quite a bit of weight. The last few years I have tried to get back into the groove but quickly lose motivation and give up. I don't have a whole lot to lose but it sure is tough. I have been tracking for a couple months again and am starting to feel like I am ready to give up again. I quit the gym a while back and decided to try workout videos at home but I just cant seem to get myself to exercise at all. I know when I read the feed and see that I have done well I have a moment of happiness but it doesn't last. Maybe if I had other friends to help me I would stay motivated. Anybody out there interested in helping out?

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Stick with me kid! I love all the support I get from MFP:) We can help each other! And my name is Kim too!
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    Kim not sure if you have a Facebook, but you would be surprised how many friends on there are using the app already or ones that you could convince to jump on board....
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Friend me- like you I need all the support I can get. Just do it. Log your food and KNow YOU ARE WORTH IT.:wink:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you Kim. I am also 45 years old and just joined about a week ago on here. I've already made several friends and writing down everything you eat on here is such a big help. My cousin and I just started a 30 day challenge on here that started today if you are interested in joining that. We have a pretty good sized group signed up with us and everyone is so excited. Be happy to have you on board:) If you aren't interested in that, please just add me and we can help motivate one another:)
    ~Angela~
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This a fantastic sight for support and motivation. You can friend request me if you like:flowerforyou:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. Welcome to the family.
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    friend me as well! I'd love some additional friends/support as well!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'd love to help motivate you! Just send a friend request :0)
  • slimgoodie50
    Options
    I'm a newbie also, and would appreciate the support also. I've been on the exercise rollercoaster for a few years, but decided, (since I just turned 50!), it's time to get serious. My daughter hooked me in to this site. Now both my sisters have decided to join in. So if support is what you just friend me!
  • hotllamarama
    hotllamarama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    welcome kim! glad to be your friend :flowerforyou:
  • nmnohr
    Options
    I'm also new to this! Loving it so far - the more support the better, right? Feel free to add me also!:smile:
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard ..feel free to add me if you want.. good luck with your goals !!!
  • khallager
    Options
    Kim,
    I'm relatively new to MFP, but have already found great support and encouragment. I, like you, do not really like to work out, but I'm finding that once I force myself to, it isnt' as awful as I imagine it will be! (just being real!) I would love to get to know you and provide support and encouragment to each other on this journey!!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! Well I am down to lift some support. We all need it. Stay positive!!! Take care!
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Count me in!