Valentine's Day Turn Downs

Options
I managed to "turn down" a lot of cheap Valentine's day candy today, that wasn't worth the calories: A bag full of candy, suckers, cookies, you name it (I'm a teacher). I'm saving myself for 3 Lindor truffles this evening with a glass of wine.

Anybody else resist the temptations of cheap sweets?

Replies

• kimw328
    Options
    A co-worker got a beautiful box of chocolate covered strawberries today. I politely refused and ate my carrots. Another co-worker brought cookies for everyone. I brought mine home to my daughter. I feel really good about saying no!:bigsmile:
  • steacher24
    Options
    I'm a teacher, too. I was bombarded with sweets today! I didn't eat any of the candy, but one of the kids brought Thin Mints. I had two. I think I did okay. We can't cut everything out completely. Moderation is key. Nice job! And enjoy the truffles tonight!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am also a teacher and tossed a few things today. Unfortunately, my principal made some delicious cupcakes for us (I just had one) and a couple of other teachers had baked goods. All totally worth it - although it was a LOT! Which is why I worked out extra hard tonight! I did stash away some M&Ms for those rough days in the future :wink:
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I only got offered cookies since I was hiding myself away today. I said no the first time and no the second time. Of course, by then I was dangerously close to being over goal since I had treated myself!!

However, I did manage to push candy onto co-workers... actually it wasn't much pushing. My adviser came in and demanded chocolate. Then her TAs came in to ask for treats since they had to grade exams. It's kind of funny, but I find myself rationing treats to them too! Before I started dieting, I would just give out candy by the handfuls. Now I know how bad they are in that amount and I automatically only grab a reasonable amount even when it's not for me.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I managed to "turn down" a lot of cheap Valentine's day candy today, that wasn't worth the calories: A bag full of candy, suckers, cookies, you name it (I'm a teacher). I'm saving myself for 3 Lindor truffles this evening with a glass of wine.

Anybody else resist the temptations of cheap sweets?

I'm a teacher too! I turned down everything except the conversation hearts (that I LOVE) and one of the cookies that I took for my class (all logged before I ate them!).

I also played handball with the kids at lunch HA!

It was awesome. My hubster got me a bike speedometer that calculates calories and some flowers!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate that I'm an at home mom and we homeschool so our kids didn't even bring in a lot of junk so I really did have an opportunity to turn down a lot of stuff. However, my sweet husband brought home a few things to treat me and the kids. He and I are both watching our carb intake and all of us watch our our sugar so he was careful not to go overboard. He brought the kids each their own box of chocolates (a Whitman 3 piece heart). He brought me a Dove chocolate truffle rose with six chocolate truffle hearts. I ate three and gave him three and the rose is stuffed in a vase for a later date. Sharing with him worked out well and I didn't eat all of those yummy truffles.

Does that count as a turn down?