How to get in shape for....

Options
Cross Country.
Hey!
I'm planning to join Cross Country at my school in August, but since I'm kind of chubby I need to look good in that spandex!
Anyways, what can I do for training? It's all about endurance.
I plan to run 3 times a week for 30 minutes and see how many miles I can run. What else should I do?
Plus, this is something that is motivating me to eat better and excercise

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'n not sure what distances or speed you're talking about, but you might want to start with a couch to 5K and once you accomplish that, go on to a 10K or 1/2 marathon program. I personally use a local running club's program when preparing for 1/2 marathons.

And just FYI, the program I use consists of 4 days of running, Monday and Wednesday are average runs, a short one on Thursday and one long on Saturday and one day of cross training.

Good luck.
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I think you should meet the Cross Country coach at your school and ask his/her advice. They'll know exactly what type of trianing you'll be doing in August and how to best get prepared for that without getting injured.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'n not sure what distances or speed you're talking about, but you might want to start with a couch to 5K and once you accomplish that, go on to a 10K or 1/2 marathon program. I personally use a local running club's program when preparing for 1/2 marathons.

And just FYI, the program I use consists of 4 days of running, Monday and Wednesday are average runs, a short one on Thursday and one long on Saturday and one day of cross training.

Good luck.

Ditto

C25k program rocks!