Recomitting after a week of fun and stress

Options
When I started back dieting at the beginning of this year, I was fully motivated. I honestly felt like nothing could bring me down, but this passed week something finally did. I celebrated my 21st birthday this passed Wednesday and my diet went straight into the pits. Beer, Liquor, Chips, Cake, Carbs, Fat and Sugar. Lots and Lots of those. All the don'ts and don'ts when you are dieting. I ate them all. Even when the "party" was over, I didn't make an effort to get back on track. This weekend, I managed to at least avoid burgers and fries, but not fast food (Taco Bells Fresh fit meals are basically what I lived on). Yesterday, I celebrated V-Day early with my boyfriend and we ate Italian (my vice). We shared a chicken parmigiana with pasta and a tomato and mozerella salad, but even with our sharing it, it was too much food and I forced myself to eat it all. Now that the weekend is over, I have 3 papers due this week, and here it is 10:17, and I just ate a bowl of macaroni and cheese. 3 hours ago, I had a lunchable. A LUNCHABLE! I didn't log a few things in today because i wanted to feel better about "getting back on track", but I didn't even workout and haven't done so in a week.

I say all this to say, I wanna get back on track. I know I have goals and I want them to finally be accomplished, but right now I can't find the strength or the motivation. Maybe some ideas about how to get my umph back?

Replies

• manda511
    manda511 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging. It will come back. You did good by logging today. I looked at some pictures of me when I was thinner and it really made me feel better and want to push myself more. You can do this. Keep your chin up!!
  • kate1398
    Options
    The past is just that - the past.....tomorrow is a new day! Don't worry what has been done and just look forward. Log no matter what cuz it may keep you from over doing it. I know exactly where you are at because I've been there many of times. Don't look at this as being on a diet. Look at it as a lifestyle of eating healthy foods. You are young enough to pound this into your head now before you get to be my age when you really know it has to be. I still mess up constantly but I continue to log even though because it reminds me of my bad habits. My biggest problem is working out....if you can get that down on a consistent basis, the healthy eating will follow.
    Good luck girl, you can do it - just put your mind to it and tell your friends to back you. It won't hurt them to become healthier either.
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    I have the same problem! This week has been bad for me too. Hope we can find the motivation!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    Everybody messes up. When I mess up, I often used to do what you just described- I just seemed to keep going in a downward spiral for days. Just gotta pick yourself back up again. Eventually I noticed that the extent of my messing up became smaller. I still get off track but now it's not as catastrophic. So I guess what I'm saying is that it will get better. Forming new habits takes time.
    The fact that you say you are recommitting and want to get back on track means that you already have the right mind set.

Get a good night's sleep tonight. Tomorrow's a new day. Stick with it!
  • merlainealyssa
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. You are right. The past is the past and I should leave it there. I am definitely one of those people that one I feel like I have screwed everything up, I give up, and that needs to change..