Low Sugar / Higher Carb Diet?

Options
A friend told me about an eating regimine she incorperated into her MFP plan to get over a plateau in her weight loss. It was to limit sugar intake to 15 grams a day and eat 5 servings of (whole grain) carbs (anywhere from 30-120 grams total). I'm sure eating less sugar wouldn't be a problem but I'm worried about all those carbs. I feel that my progress so far has been largely due to cutting bread out of my diet! Any thoughts?

Replies

• tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    From my research it seems that women trying to lose weight should try to stay around two servings of whole grain (slower digested) carbs a day in order to continue burning fat. It is also supposedly better to eat your carbs earlier in the day to give your body time to burn them. Hope that helps a bit :)

Don't forget you can get carbs from fruit too...so you could still try the 5 servings of carbs a day but have three from fruit?
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. When I hit a plateau my game plan is to cut out sugar (even in natural form like fruit). I don't really cut carbs out completely but I do limit myself to just one serving of whole grains a day. That usually gets me out of the plateau. Then I go back to just watching what I eat.