I'm feeling so down

Options
the last few weeks. Day time is usually fine, then its time for bed and I'm sad and can't sleep.

Replies

• EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What's making you sad?
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    home sick. no weight loss. etc. i keep bouncing on and off this website doing it religiously then not doing it at all. i went the doc today and no real good news i guess. gotta lose weight, may have thyroid issues..idk. im just bumming right now.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    St Johns Wort....it sounds like you are having a hormonal fluctuation. We are women and have them all the time. St Johns Wort is a good vitamin to help with that. :-)
  • luckydenson
    luckydenson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better. what is making you feel sad? I will say a prayer for you.:smile:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    I hope you feel better. what is making you feel sad? I will say a prayer for you.:smile:

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting your Omegas, B vitamins and Vitamin D:flowerforyou:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    St Johns Wort....it sounds like you are having a hormonal fluctuation. We are women and have them all the time. St Johns Wort is a good vitamin to help with that. :-)

yeah, doc said she thinks i have too much of one horomone and not enough of the other.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thyroid stuff can be so frustrating. Believe me - I know. I have been dealing with it for over 14 years. It just makes us work twice as hard as anyone else to lose, but you can lose. Don't give up. It is totally worth it. Get to a dr. they can get you some medicine that will help you regulate your thyroid. Once it is regulated, you will feel better and life will be better. Don't give up. You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Thanks guys, sometimes you just need to hear that you can do it.
  • verjavec
    verjavec Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hormones can screw up weight loss big time!! I did 30 weeks of working out and eating healthy and lost NOTHING. I gave up. I saw no point to trying when I could work that hard and NOTHING. Then I found out my thyroid had issues and my adrenal was stressed and my hormones were all messed up. Once I started treating that, I started losing. Then I found out I had a ton of food sensitivities and when I cut those out, I lose like I think I should. But it's hard work staying on top of all of that.

I've been where you are - it's not a fun place to be. Hang in there though - you will get through this and you will come out the other side, a stronger, fitter, healthier and happier person!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    :( I can identify. I wonder at times how much of my issues are hormonal too... seems I can't get a doctor to care to check though, so I'll keep going until insurance will pay for a preventative exam and hope I get a compassionate doctor for a change.

I don't have any advice other than it helps me to give myself permission to be down... seems that too often people are trying to convince other people they should just be happy all of the time... and *that* adds even more stress to me! That and that reading a book is my tried and true method of getting some sleep...
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    actions speak louder than words. You wanna lose weight then do it, you can change you body in 24hrs if you really want it!! no point in crying about it, c'mon get to eating right and moving that bum!....
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    actions speak louder than words. You wanna lose weight then do it, you can change you body in 24hrs if you really want it!! no point in crying about it, c'mon get to eating right and moving that bum!....

Um... you do realize that there are people who eat right and exercise and still have difficulty losing weight, right? Especially with hormonal issues/PCOS/insulin resistance/etc. added on? And that it makes it even harder when people assume that if you aren't losing weight as quickly as they can that means you aren't even trying?
  • wilmelenne
    Options

Um... you do realize that there are people who eat right and exercise and still have difficulty losing weight, right? Especially with hormonal issues/PCOS/insulin resistance/etc. added on? And that it makes it even harder when people assume that if you aren't losing weight as quickly as they can that means you aren't even trying?

I have PCOS and it is hard to lose weight but it is going down and I refuse to let it define my health. I think she was just trying to motivate her and just help her realize that she can cry now but tomorrow morning she has to pick herself up and move forward, thyroid issues/insulin resistance or not, it can be fixed.