Wii Active 2

Options
Hey everyone,
So my mom surprised me with Wii Active 2 today, a game that I've been drooling over whenever we go to Walmart ever since I saw everyone bragging about it on here.
I started the three week Cardio Kick program on Hard, and it totally kicked my butt. And, I was surprised at how much more I enjoyed it over the Wii Fit.
My question is, have any of you actually lost weight or inches by using this game as your main exercise? I'd love it if I could stop doing my repetitive dance games and switch over to this, but I want to make sure it's effective first.

Replies

• sylviablakely
    sylviablakely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks into the 9 week programme but I am doing it on EASY - and its anything but. At first I found it a bit slow between each exercise but now that its got a lot harder I welcome the breaks!! I am not sure about weight-loss due to using this but my clothes are definitely more loose and I am feeling more flexible due to all the Core work. Some exercises I couldn't do at the beginning and now I do them easily so I think "from an improving your fitness point of view" its excellent. Keep up the good work.:wink:
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Yep I've lost weight and inches using the Active 2. Did the 3 week program and lost 2.5 kgs and currently doing the 9 week program and am almost through 3 weeks and have lost another 2 kgs. I do other exercise as well but I use the Active 2 5 times a week in the morning.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    wii active 1 & 2 i have had for quite some time and they are great if you need to do exersice indoors and are in a rush!!
    if you do it everyday those cals soon start to mount up on the cals burned tracker!!!

i have over 24,000 on mine lol and i havent used it for a little while now!
    so good luck and yes it works :)
  • CheriePie69
    CheriePie69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I've been using EA Sports Active since the very first version came out back in 2009 and am an avid user of EA Sports Active 2 now as well since December. Speaking from the POV of someone pretty active in dance and other fitness activities and also studying to become a personal trainer, I have to say the exercises & authenticity of this program are well defined and spot on. Specific exercises are rotated in and out so you're working different body parts on different days, some days having more focus on cardio while others perhaps more focused on upper body or core. This not only helps to ensure a well-balanced exercise program but also helps to keep your body from plateauing, which can sometimes happen if you're trying to lose weight. I've recommended this fitness program to friends several times and all have had great luck with it, and find it suitably engaging so they're not losing interest.

BTW, I've lost 35 lbs in the last year and a half and am currently within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight. :) Though I do lots of other fitness activities too like dance, Zumba, Pilates, and strength training just some of them, all of the Active titles--the original, More Workouts, and now Active 2--have all played a strong role in my fitness progress the last several years. :)

Good luck in your goals!!!