Changing Sodium info

Options
Hi there.

Does anyone know how to change the sodium amounts on UK foods that are already entered on here?

I didn't quite realise that UK sodium is measured in grams and US foods (and thus MFP) is measured in milligrams. So, the sodium in something would correctly show on here as 300, whereas on UK packaging would show as 0.3. Hence why I have been thinking how great and easy it is to keep my sodium down! Lol.

So, anyone know how to amend foods already in the database? I guess it may not be possible. May just be a case of writing that part down.

Thanks guys.

Em
Xxx

Replies

• carolyne2
    Options
    I think(wouldn't put my life on it) that there are 100mg in a gram to just move the decimal point 2 places to the left.
  • emmascott
    Options
    I think(wouldn't put my life on it) that there are 100mg in a gram to just move the decimal point 2 places to the left.
  • emmascott
    Options
    Yes, just wondered if I could change it on my food diary though.

Em
    Xxx
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There are 1000 mg in a gramme, not 100.

Am monitoring my sodium too, so will have to check this - guess when you add a food, theres' a little link to the nutritional info so you'd have to go in and edit it. Not sure if you could do it retrospectively though. I'm going to keep an eye on this from now on, ta.
    Louise
  • meep777
    meep777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi
    You just go in to food tab then database tab. Next enter the food you want and click on it so the nutritional info appears on the right. You then click edit and simply make the changes
    Mandy
  • emmascott
    Options
    Cheers Mand, that's fab thank you x
    Hi
    You just go in to food tab then database tab. Next enter the food you want and click on it so the nutritional info appears on the right. You then click edit and simply make the changes
    Mandy
  • emmascott
    Options
    There are 1000 mg in a gramme, not 100.

Am monitoring my sodium too, so will have to check this - guess when you add a food, theres' a little link to the nutritional info so you'd have to go in and edit it. Not sure if you could do it retrospectively though. I'm going to keep an eye on this from now on, ta.
    Louise

Yep, aside from the fact we shouldn't eat too much salt, it holds onto all that water!

Going to see if I can change anything now from what Mand above has said.

Xxx