What's the best protein shake money can buy??

Options
The best one I've tried so far is the Jillian Michaels Ultimate Shake in French Vanilla...I've also tried EAS Advantedge Carb Control shake in French Vanilla, as well, and the QuickTrim Fast-Shake on Chocolate, which tastes absolutely horrible! Doesn't even taste like chocolate...more like chalk! lol Not that i know how chalk tastes, but anyways...which do you guys recommend?? Do most of them taste kinda chalky like that?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I recommend making your own. Get 100% whey protein powder at GNC or your local nutrition store, and mix it with water and whatever else you want to put in it to make it taste the way you want. You can experiment with some different things to try to get a taste that you enjoy.
  • goddessjackie
    Options
    Jay Robb protein is delicious and healthy. It has 110 calories, 25 gram protein per serving, and 1 gm carbs. I get the vanilla, but I think all the different flavors are good. I buy mine from King Soopers grocery (also called Krogers).
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I used to love this stuff syntrax - but I think they don't make it anymore. They had so many flavors, it was fun to try different kinds than normal (fruity, tea, etc. instead of just the normal vanilla/chocolate/strawberry).

Now, my favorite is Gold Standard Caramel Toffee Fudge. It doesn't have that chalky taste that I hate so much. My favorite for making whey ice cream is Gold Standard Rocky Road - it actually kind of tastes like Rocky Road ice cream, but is healthy for ya!

Steve
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use the Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Chocolate. It's delicious and low carb.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your recommendations guys! By the way, that caramel toffee fudge one sounds soo good! I think i'll try it. :) If it doesn't taste like chalk, then it'll pass the test. lol
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My fav is BSN Syntha 6. Seriously its delicious. Nuff said.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Refelx Micro Whey chocolate flavour

good value for money
    very low car (0.6 grams per serving)
    tastes ok with water

not a meal replacment though
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb protein is delicious and healthy. It has 110 calories, 25 gram protein per serving, and 1 gm carbs. I get the vanilla, but I think all the different flavors are good. I buy mine from King Soopers grocery (also called Krogers).

I agree with this here.

I alternate between Jay Robb and Shakeology.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I currently use Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 in Vanilla, which I LOVE, but I am wondering if I should switch to something else as it is kind of high in calories, 280 to be exact in two scoops, so I generally just use one schoop, but then not getting all the protein I would like to get
  • daxa_yen
    daxa_yen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's really hard decision, if you wanna take it for longer time.. Try to find one without many additional ingredients. It doesn't seem so, but your body has to struggle also with all those not necessary additives... I have Vitamin Shoppe ENhanced Whey Protein and mix it with some fruits, juice or just plain 2% greek yogurt (sometimes milk), for me it tastes just a milk shake ... and you can add unsweetend cocoa into vanilla one to get chocolate, not sweet taste ;)
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology. Its not just a protein shake, it has 5 servings of fruits , veggies, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, antioxidants, and protein. Its also low glycemic and it tastes soo good!!