Help!!! I'm craving Pizza

Options
So the last time I ate Pizza (Oreganos) I gained 4 lbs! I'm craving Pizza again, anyone have any suggestions on anything to ease the craving, maybe fat free pizza??? (Joke)

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine has a French Bread Pizza that is surprisingly good.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't THAT bad for you! I always take the cheese off and never order meat toppings. It's about 250calories a slice (with the cheese), that's not terrible
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have pizza all the time and I'm losing weight. Moderation is the key. I ain't going my whole life without another slice of pizza!

There are some great thin crust frozen pizzas, which I take 1/4 of and pair it with a HUGE salad and lots of water to combat the sodium. Around 250 calories for the pizza and another 100 or so for the salad. Nice big meal for only 350 calories.

Unless you ate 17,000 pizza calories, you didn't "gain" four pounds of fat from your pizza!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I made myself a pizza last week using sandwich thins bread. Put some sauce on it and lots of veggies, some lowfat mozz, sprinkle of italian seasoning and crushed red pepper. Yummy!
  • Rupeedoo
    Options
    There was a pizza recipe on here earlier that had a cauliflower base...sounds weird but looked lovely. I'll try and find the link... x
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I'm actually making these tonight. If you only have two slices it's like 135 calories. I haven't put it in the recipe calculator on here. I'm going to eat a whole one instead of two pieces, ha!

Margherita Pita Pizzas
    {pg 13 The Pampered Chef’s It’s Good for You Cookbook}
    INGREDIENTS:
    2 teaspoon pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
    1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
    1 garlic clove, pressed
    4 flat pita bread rounds (without pockets)
    2 plum tomatoes, sliced
    1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    2 tablesppons snipped fresh basil leaves
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine oil, seasoning mix, vinegar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Place pita rounds on Rectangle Stone. Brush one side of each pita round with oil mixture using Pastry Brush.
    2. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Top pita rounds evenly with tomatoes and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil. Cut Pizzas into quarters using Pizza Cutter; serve warm.

YIELD: 8 servings.

PREP TIME: 15 minutes

BAKE TIME: 10-12 minutes
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    We make our own pizza using whole wheat flatbreads or tortilla shells, lots of veggies, sauce and swiss cheese. I find that the swiss cheese has a nice rich flavour and we use less.

I have recently given up gluten and I'm thinking of trying the cauliflower crust recipe pizza.

Karen
  • lthompsn
    lthompsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pizza: I use a FlatOut flat bread - toast it a little to crisp it, that makes the crust, i use fat free ricotta and season it up for my sauce, add muchrooms, sundried tomatoes and put low fat string cheese on top - bake for 8 minutes, and I have pizza. Also works great for a BBQ chicken pizza. If you don't like the white cheese pizza, use a pizza sauce that gives you the most bang for the caloric buck.
    String cheese - you could use low fat mozza, for me, string cheese is easy portion control. The above white pizza comes in around 350 calories and you get the entire flat bread pizza to eat.
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Make English muffin pizzas!

You can use either whole grain or light english muffins, pasta sauce (I use Ragu light since it's sugar free) and part skim mozzarella.

Just split the english muffin, put some sauce on each half, and put in the oven under broil...after the english muffin is toasted to your liking, add cheese to the top of each one and put it back in until the cheese melts.

It is about 425 calories for 4 mini pizzas (2 full english muffins worth).
  • Rupeedoo
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics

I haven't tried these yet but they sound good.

Pitta is a really good idea too!
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    I like the pitta bread idea above. We do something called pizza toast in my house, it may be a student thing but it tastes good. Toast some bread, spread a little tomato puree on then put some cheese on and grill. Or pitta pockets where you put he puree and cheese in the pitta then toast that!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I use low carb wheat tortillas, about a tablespoon of sauce, fat free cheese, mushrooms, spinach and sometimes morning star italian sausage and sliced cherry tomatoes. On a baking sheet, covered with aluminum foil, bake at 250-300 just enough to melt the cheese and they are delicious.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine garlic chicken pizza is SO yummy!!!!
  • senovia1126
    Options
    when I get a pizza craving I always get thin crust. The pita bread idea sounds good but i would also suggest making it a veggie pizza as well that way you get the fiber and digest it better. On weight watchers it was always good to get a veggie slice other than a regular slice, the fiber makes a big difference.:happy:
  • HeyBulldog2011
    HeyBulldog2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a vegetarian reciepe:

Get a 8" Bobolli pizza crust (usually by the dairy at the grocery stores- get the whole wheat if you can if not the calories aren't that much different) mix tomato past and crushed tomatoes (both come canned so there calories are on them) this makes the sauce. Spread this on the pizza crust. If you choose to have cheese go ahead and measure a serving of shredded mozzerella (you can opt for a reduced fat package if you choose if not that is fine too!) Sprinkle the MEASURED OUT PORTION OF CHEESE out...really make sure you measured because even though dairy is good for you it can pack in the calories and fat. Then cut some cherry tomatoes in half and place on pizza. Place in oven based on directions from the pizza crust and enjoy!
    This shouldn't be over I would say 300-400 calories (the majority of your calories here are based mostly on the pizza crust and cheese)
    I hope this helps...
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Pizza express to a 500 cal pizza, I'd burn 500 cal in the gym (more it you want) then have one, Or half it with a friend. Drink plenty of warter to combat the sodium and move on without worrying about it.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I once had a nutricioniest tell me that if I had a craving to wait three days to see if it was a true craving or a whim. If after three days if I still wanted my craved food the go get the best or most exact food that I craved and enjoy a moderate portion of it and make it as special as possible. SO... if you are craving pizza make sure it's a craving and not a whim, get your favorite pizza and eat it in your favorite place with your favorite friends and enjoy yourself. Then workout a little longer the next few days. It's worth it if you do it right.

Good Luck and enjoy!:heart::drinker:
  • gerlach
    gerlach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try making your own single serve pizza with a small whole-wheat tortilla (sometimes these are branded "low-carb", but the small size is only 80 or so calories), a tablespoon of pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of cooked/steamed spinach, a couple of slices of fresh tomatoes, and 1/8 cup part-skim mozzarella. Sprinkle a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top and put it in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted and the bottom is crispy, like a brick oven pizza! You may need to experiment with your toaster oven or pre-toast the tortilla so that it doesn't get soggy on the bottom or burnt on the top.

The whole thing is about 200 calories with 7 g of fat -- add a salad and it's a great meal. You can customize it with other veggies as well -- black olives, peppers, mushrooms, onions, or whatever you're craving -- or add some more cheese if you can fit it into your calorie and fat goals.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I make my kids pita/english muffin pizzas all the time!!
    We purée bottled roasted red pepper, some diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil for the sauce. Then we use part skim mozzarella. We toast them in the toaster oven so they're done in a minute!
    Super good, super healthy.

I also second the whim/craving philosophy.

If I'm having a craving, I force myself to eat a healthy, protein based meal, (even if I don't want it)...a protein shake works wonders!...and it usually eliminates the craving entirely!!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So the last time I ate Pizza (Oreganos) I gained 4 lbs! I'm craving Pizza again, anyone have any suggestions on anything to ease the craving, maybe fat free pizza??? (Joke)

You are not going to gain 4 pounds from eating pizza.

If you are worried, make homemade pizza where you can control what goes on it. Just because it's pizza doesn't mean it has to be fattening. Homemade crust controls oil/sugars in it, and is pretty easy to make. Make sure you have yeast on hand.

Pizza sauce isn't hard to do either. You don't put a lot of it on a pizza, either.

Most mozarella out of the stores are skim and not very calorie laden. You can always top with only veggies, or put a bit of pepperoni on there. Slice into 8 slices, and calculate per serving, and enjoy.

Pizza can be a very healthy meal.

In fact, think I'm going to make pizza for tonight.