Mexican Recipe

Options
Does anyone have any really good mexican recipes they would like to share with me?

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    (bump)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Fiesta Rice Burritos

Cooked chicken
    In a pan, 1 can of cream of chicken soup
    1 cup salsa
    Maybe a little milk if needed.
    Bring to a boil.
    When boiling, add 1 cup rice (we usually add a little bit more).
    Simmer for 5 minutes.
    Then, add chicken until it's warm.
    Serve in tortillas.

Also...fajita are pertty good!
    Just sautee green peppers, red peppers, onion and mix in some fajita mix.
    Add chicken, and serve in tortillas.

I don't know the calories...but it makes a salsa rice yummy mixture for in tortillas, or with chips.
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    Taco Soup

2 lbs ground beef-- 1 small onion
    2 cans pinto beans
    1 can pink kidney bean
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can mex. style stewed tomatoe
    1 can diced tomato
    1 can tomato with chilles
    1 pkge. taco season
    1 pkge. ranch salad dressing

brown meat and onions-drain
    put everything else into the soup pot for 1 hour on simmer.

optional toppings: grated cheese, sour cream, black/green olives, guacamole ( I serve mine with taco chips. )
  • leslied73
    Options
    I just made these Chimichangas tonight, really good. I substituted the refired beans for black beans though.

Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco cheese
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
    1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
    6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
    Cooking spray
    1/2 cup bottled green salsa
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 500°.

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.

Spread 1/4 cup beans down center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place rolls, seam sides down, on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat tops of chimichangas with cooking spray. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes. Serve with salsa.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:380 (23% from fat)
    Fat:9.7g (sat 3.1g,mono 4.1g,poly 1.6g)
    Protein:28.8g
    Carbohydrate:42.5g
    Fiber:6.5g
    Cholesterol:55mg
    Iron:3.8mg
    Sodium:728mg
    Calcium:157mg
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chicken-nacho-bake-made-115905.aspx

OMG ... this is my favorite ever LOL check it out
  • heather19th
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! See my other problem is my boys don't like cooked veggies or refried beans. Ugh.
  • curran80
    Options
    yummy bump
  • clevethin
    Options
    Heather, will they eat the beans NOT refried? Just serve them that way. (You can mash them a little with a fork, if you fell it is necessary for the recipe.) They are usually much healthier anyhow.

I used to sneak veggies into everything. A red sauce hides just about anything you can stick in your blender. Blend it beyond recognition, then tell them those flecks are 'spices'. (Now my oldest will try just about anything if it is cut up small enough.)

I am printing these recipes. Mexican is my FAVORITE!!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute favorite Mexican recipe.....If you use low/no fat cream cheese/sour cream, and whole grain tortillas, it can be pretty healthy as well.

Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.