I'm Daytona bound....again!

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
Tickets are being shipped FedEx overnight- going to gas up the red "road rocket" and see a great race on Sunday. Anyone else going?

Replies

• Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My boss goes every year (since we live in Orlando, it's an easy drive) and loves it. I have only been once, but there was no race going on. Track is massive though!

Have fun. The weather is going to be fantastic this weekend. :drinker:
  • bandnerd129
    Options
    Oh I wish!! Tickets are a little too expensive for me. Have fun!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    My boss goes every year (since we live in Orlando, it's an easy drive) and loves it. I have only been once, but there was no race going on. Track is massive though!

Have fun. The weather is going to be fantastic this weekend. :drinker:

That's what I'm hoping for. It was freezin' cold last year....and then there was a 3+ hour delay while they patched a massive hole in the track. I'm not planning a workout for that day (it's a "rest day" on the EA Sports Active 6 week challenge) but from past experience I know I'm in for a LOT of walking.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I lived in Daytona for four years. That's how I got into NASCAR in the first place.

I'm excited the season is starting, and will be watching.

I haven't been to a 500 since 2001. Yes, that one. I saw "The Day" on Speed this weekend. We didn't realize at the time how significant that race was. I don't get to a lot of "prominant sporting events" But I'll always remember Feb 18th 2001.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Sigh, I lived in Daytona for four years. That's how I got into NASCAR in the first place.

I'm excited the season is starting, and will be watching.

I haven't been to a 500 since 2001. Yes, that one. I saw "The Day" on Speed this weekend. We didn't realize at the time how significant that race was. I don't get to a lot of "prominant sporting events" But I'll always remember Feb 18th 2001.

I wasn't there for that one but I watched most of it (missed the final laps though). Didn't know about Dale's accident until the next morning and couldn't believe that he'd passed away. I watched that show on Speed last night- will be flyin' my #3 and #88 colors on Sunday.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping for. It was freezin' cold last year....and then there was a 3+ hour delay while they patched a massive hole in the track. I'm not planning a workout for that day (it's a "rest day" on the EA Sports Active 6 week challenge) but from past experience I know I'm in for a LOT of walking.
    Highs should be in the mid-70's with lots of sun. May start out a ittle cool (low 60's) in the morning though.

They resurfaced the track so it should be beautiful to drive on!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

The speeds were super-fast in practice and in the Shootout; they're talking about issuing smaller restrictor plates in order to slow things down a little.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

The speeds were super-fast in practice and in the Shootout; they're talking about issuing smaller restrictor plates in order to slow things down a little.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41565338/ns/sports-motor_sports/

Hopefully they'll let the duals play out before they do that.