Wedding Countdown...

Options
Hey everyone! I am new to the site - I am 5'11" and started at 270lbs. My weight has fluctuated all my life but I've never used an online community for support. I guess I'm hoping this keeps me motivate and on track. I started my life style change 2 weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds so far! I know its a lot for that short of time but at 270lbs, the first few always come off fast. I've been on a pretty strict diet Monday through Friday taking in only about 1700 calories and going to the gym pretty religiously usually running for 30 minutes and then lifting for another 30-40.

I am getting married on July 1st so I'm looking to get down to 225 by then. 45 pounds in 5 months?? We'll see how it goes...

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You can sooo totally do it!!! congrats on doing 13lbs in the first two weeks. you can totally do 45 lbs in 5 weeks, that is just about 9 lbs a month! Congrats on getting married, I joined this website for the same reason! wanted to get in shape for my wedding!

Add me if you would like! us brides can always use support!
  • CrestedTern
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! Congrats!
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! You are going to love this site.. it has provided me with so much motivation and support to reach my goals. I think your goal of getting down to 225 by July 1st is realistic and achieveable. It is a lot of hard work, dedication and patience but if you keep your mind positive and follow what works, you'll get there.

I am also a bride this year (Oct 15th).. and hoping to drop the last of my weight prior to my wedding day. I know I can do it and so can you.

I always come to these boards when I need motivation or when I feel the need to eat something terrible. Just reading a few posts changes my mood and motivation towards my goals. I hope you find this same motivation and success!!

Good Luck!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    I also agree!!! You can totally do this! You OWN it!! :smokin:
    I joined also to be healthy and look good in a wedding dress!
    Stay positive and motivated and you can do it!!