zumba exercise question

Options
so i bought the zumba ps3 game yesterday, and i think i'm in love! i have never been to a class, but the game is awesome! i have played it about an hour today so far, and i will definately log it. i'm thinking logging it as "dancing, aerobic". since it's the first time i have done anything zumba-ish, i don't really know what i'm doing. should i log my time as like 50 mins instead of 60 since i'm obviously not working out as intensely? i am dancing my tushie off, but not dancing as hard as my dance workout dvd's that i know by heart. any thoughts?

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Dancing Aerobic sounds good. Or you could get a heart rate monitor for Christmas.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I log it under dancing... I usually log however long I did it but subtract the warm-up/cool down periods. So I usually log 50 minutes for a 60 minute class.
  • MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too purchased the Zumba for PS3 - love it!! I have taken Zumba classes and this is a pretty good comparison. If I do 60 minutes, I log 50 minutes. And yes, I added Zumba to the exercise log. I read up on it and most people said you burn about 600 calories per hour. I estimated for myself about 450 calories - to be on the safe side and it is all how much EFFORT you put in!

Good luck and keep it up!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    Before I got my HRM, I was logging my Zumba classes (from the gym) as Aerobic, High Impact.
  • jemmajoy
    Options
    i am thinking about getting a hrm b/c the zumba is much more of a work out the j/ the normal dance aerobics.
  • estufte
    estufte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten Zumba for the PS3 too, I love it. It is so fun! I've been putting it under Dancing, Aerobic because I don't have a heart rate monitor either.
  • penne356
    Options
    Are zumba DVDs worth buying?