Incredible Story...

Options
elephant-man.bmp

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed his stupid butt against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    elephant-man.bmp

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .

On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed his stupid butt against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you got me you silly girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    HA! That was awesome.....totally sucked me in! :laugh:
  • tamifanny
    Options
    I was like "Aaaahhh" You Brat:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hook, line and sinker! Nice work!!!! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Omg!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: <----laughing so hard I'm crying!!
  • sweetandstormy
    Options
    Oh, you dirty dog!!

I'm so gullible. lol
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    This will one day be my husband's story, but with dogs.... He is a dog nut.... Has to stop and visit with every puppy in a car at the grocery store and talk to them like little 3 year old children....
  • amethystx
    Options
    lol-045.giflol-045.gif. lol-045.gif
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • bricker06
    Options
    I have actually heard that one before , so as im reading it still got me. omg so funny:laugh: :laugh: