ideas please!!!

Options
OK, I am working today at a desk from 8-4...any ideas of some mild exercises or some way to burn some cals at a desk?????? I'm usually working with kids in a classroom, but today I am covering the secretary....

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    Options
    If you ever get any privacy do some jumping jacks maybe! Or just running in place.
  • rascal21
    rascal21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Squats work at your desk. So do arm lifts, place hands next to hips on chair,move your fanny off the chair and drop down, then lift.
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    While sitting back in your chair with your butt at the edge, raise your knees to your chest several times.
    If you have a stationary chair, or can lock a rolling one, put your hands behind you and lower and raise yourself in a reverse pushup.
    You can find other ones on google for sit and fit exercises.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    well if your at a desk alot replace you desk chair with an exercise ball.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk for my job for too and unfortunately there's not a lot of room under it. Are you allowed to listen to music? I can, so I spend most of my day "dancing" under my desk! Just fidgeting and constantly moving I find helps me be less sedentary. Also, get up once in a while..I try to walk to the bathroom alot, to the breakroom for water, etc.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hold the arms of your chair, usng your tummy lift your knees as high as you can, hold, and release.

Cross Your Arms over your chest and crunch your tummydown, hold, up, down.

The clentch and realese. Glutes, kegals, tummy... Arm lifts, strech, curls with a stapler/paper weight as a resistance weight *giggle* get creative.

Single Leg lifts. Holding you leg out straight lift it up, lower it half the way, lower it all the way, and repeat .

There are so many wonderful sites for Yoga at your Desk as well. Nice streching is great when you have a day of sitting for so long. Trust me I do it Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day, and sometimes more.

http://www.lhj.com/health/fitness/yoga-at-your-desk/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/21/earlyshow/health/main6123419.shtml

Hope you get through your day with a little extra skip in your step! :)