how on earth can i eat so much!?

Options
it looks like i am not eating enough in a day which explains why i am not losing weight, but what i have eaten what feels like loads today but i am stll under by over 200 cals!!!!! a tad bit stunned as i thought i was eating too much!

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie allowance?
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    1250, that includes a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk, even if i had another one i woul still be under lol
  • katebjones
    katebjones Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    are you measuring everything? i know i miss calories.. when i dont properly measure. also if you are working out alot.. then maybe you should eat more..
  • midnightland
    midnightland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i'm having the exact same problem! i eat when i'm hungry and some days i really don't know how i could possibly eat as much as it's saying i should...
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    What are you current stats?
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    today is only my first day but yea i have measured. i think it is going to take some getting used to. i dont want to be eating things like crisps because i am sue that even if my cals allowed it they arent exactly healthy! i could use a few ideas of how to bump it up! x
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try adding in some healthy, high calorie foods. Nuts, smoked salmon peanut butter, olives, or avocado are high calorie foods full of the healthy good polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats which are needed in the diet and are full of healthy calories!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hard to comment when we can't see your diary, however this gets posted a lot..I'm afraid when I see it I tend to laugh to myself...you mmust have eaten an awful lot more than 1250 calories a day to put on the weight..so how come a problem now..I could eat 1250 cals in one course of one meal if I wanted.....!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    try eating more calorie dense food instead of low cal food. Eat nuts, seed and dehydrated fruit. Have a glass of juice (150-200 cals) add avocado to salads or sandwiches. Add olive oil to soups and sauces. Eat full fat versions of food such as milk, yogurt, cheeses. (switch from 1% milk to 2% etc.)
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER!!! Mmmmmm. PB and celery is a good 200+ cal snack. If you get PB&Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, it is FANTASIC with a banana or strawberries for almost 300 calories. If you don't like PB (or are allergic), try out some other nut butters. Or just go for nuts. They have TONS of great nutrients in them, and they pack quite a few calories.

If none of that sounds good, try switching out your "low fat" dairy for regular fat dairy. It'll add a few calories. Another option is to add in a couple eggs for breakfast.

HTH!:flowerforyou:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Sorry hun,

I am a little confused - you say today is your first day but you haven't been losing weight?

Were you calorie counting prior to signing up here?

It def sounds like you aren't eating enough...

To give an idea of what you could include can you give an example of what you eat in a day (use today as an example?)

xxx
  • Jenie0000
    Options
    :smile: Well i can tell you sometimes it is not how much you eat but what you are eating...... I sometimes go over in one meal then the next day I am way under I think that this site helps you to understand the healthy eating concept the longer that you log in the better you understand what you eat that is good and what is bad for you.... keep up the good work and the right outcome will come your way!!!
  • tunes23
    Options
    i was struggling with this, i wasnt measuring my food so when i thought i was having 40g cerial it was actually 100g so maybe its that???
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    Hard to comment when we can't see your diary, however this gets posted a lot..I'm afraid when I see it I tend to laugh to myself...you mmust have eaten an awful lot more than 1250 calories a day to put on the weight..so how come a problem now..I could eat 1250 cals in one course of one meal if I wanted.....!!!

thats a little bit presumptuous! I gained the weight when i was pregnant. i am not a big eater and reasearch shows lack of food can keep you from losing it too. my problem is that i dont eat enough or dont eat the right foods!
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    carnat22 yes i have been dieting before i came to this site and lost 1/2 stone by myself but then got to the point where i wasnt geting anywere! yesturday i had 2 cups of tea with a splash of semi skimmed milk no sugar,2 slices of toast with chocolate spread for breakfast, a thin peppered steak and baked beans for lunch (yea sunds off it is all we had in so shopping day today lol) chicken thigh steamed carrotts and baby new potatoes with gravy for dinner. i weighed and counted everything. x
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Going from eating bad to eating good foods can cause this problem. A way to combat this is to plan your meals for the day in the morning. Balance your calories throughout the day so that you're not stuck trying to eat too many at night. Milk and peanut butter are good things to add for calories and nutrition. You also need to make sure that your diet is balanced. You need 3-5 fruits and vegetables a day and two servings of dairy. Once you look at balancing your diet, it's not hard to get your calories in.
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    thanks thats really helpful, i appreciate it x
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    carnat22 yes i have been dieting before i came to this site and lost 1/2 stone by myself but then got to the point where i wasnt geting anywere! yesturday i had 2 cups of tea with a splash of semi skimmed milk no sugar,2 slices of toast with chocolate spread for breakfast, a thin peppered steak and baked beans for lunch (yea sunds off it is all we had in so shopping day today lol) chicken thigh steamed carrotts and baby new potatoes with gravy for dinner. i weighed and counted everything. x

Add in a few snacks throughout the day!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    The good thing about MFP is that you do eat a lot, but it's healthy stuff. I know people are really wondering how I can eat so much at lunch and still lose. I just chuckle to myself. My metabolism is so efficient now I can actually partake in bad foods every now and then and it doesn't add weight to me. :)