Options
polar5554
polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
Anyone?

Replies

• ammingjay
    ammingjay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    don't use apple cider vinegar...trust me!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing or any balsamic dressing

or

if you don't want to have to let it sit marinading, you can just use a dry rub. I use lemon juice instead of olive oil to get it to stick better. I like using Jerk dry rub or a dry BBQ rub.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross, but tasty...

Peach preserves and taco seasoning. Mix and then soak the pork chops in it.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Cajun seasoning
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    maybe some soy or teriyaki sauce & rice vinegar. I have no proof but I feel like vinegar helps tenderize meats in marinades.

I haven't made it in a while but rachael ray has a recipe for pork tenderloins that you pan sear and then make a teriyaki/orange/sesame pan sauce for them. I like the orange-sesame-teriyaki combo for pork
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like to bake mine with a bit of apple juice and chicken broth (or water), surrounded by sliced apples. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cinnamon (yes, I mean it) over everything. No marinade required!

(You can also skip the apple juice, since the apples themselves add their flavor to the water and/or broth.)

(Orange juice with salt, pepper, ginger and maybe a splash of teriyaki might also work -- never tried it, I'm totally making that up! Ha!)
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It's probably totally unhealthy, but Lawrys makes a Hawaiian marinade. It's so good on pork!!
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    i second the italian dressing.. its good with chicken too.
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    A little bit of light soy sauce, water, roasted garlic and herb seasoning (I use Weber's), and some oregano. They're the best pork chops ever!
  • meggersd
    Options
    vinegar little bit of ketchup little bit of brown sugar splenda cover chops add sliced onion mushrooms salt and pepper delicions
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce and honey (or agave), then sprinkle with some cinnamon just before cooking. So good!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try a nice dry rub. Stay away from salt. Some cumin, Gound pepper, rub some fresh garlic on it first...
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Honey mustard!!!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Try a nice dry rub. Stay away from salt. Some cumin, Gound pepper, rub some fresh garlic on it first...

agreed.
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot?

If so, take a look around here:

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/pork.html

I looooove the peanut butter pork recipe, but haven't tried with pork chops-- the recipe calls for tenderloin.

If you don't have a crock pot, you can usually just use a dutch oven for these, too.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross, but tasty...

Peach preserves and taco seasoning. Mix and then soak the pork chops in it.

This actually sounds yummy! How much peach preserves? And is it one packet of taco seasoning? I think I will try the spicy.
  • Sherri71
    Options
    It's probably totally unhealthy, but Lawrys makes a Hawaiian marinade. It's so good on pork!!

This sounds yummy too, probably a little high on the sugar though.
  • Sherri71
    Options
    Italian dressing or any balsamic dressing

or

if you don't want to have to let it sit marinading, you can just use a dry rub. I use lemon juice instead of olive oil to get it to stick better. I like using Jerk dry rub or a dry BBQ rub.

Love Italian dressing marinades on chicken!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I like a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, a T. of apricot or plum preserves, and a bit of garlic. Nice savory sweet glaze to brush over when the chops are near done.
  • Shan605
    Options
    I usually do a little bit of olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and a squart of honey.... bake it and it comes out delish!