Hi Everyone!

rencawdor
rencawdor Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I joined this sight only last night and am hoping this can greatly assist me in losing weight.

I had a baby 8 months ago, but most of my weight is not preganancy weight. I accumulated weight over 2 years prior to pregnancy when I was studying for my masters. I used to snack hugely on crisps and chocolate whilst I was doing my homework. And i used to drink lucozade in the evenings to keep my brain alert. After I had given birth in June 2010 I realised I was Obese and need to loose 4 stones to be my ideal weight.

4 stones feels so big and impossible that I want to just give up and carry on eating as I please. Despite this I am constantly telling myself that I can do it. 3 months after giving birth, I managed to loose 1/2 stone without even trying. I managed to loose anothr half a stone between Oct and Dec last year by calorie counting by myself and going to the gym. Since Dec I haven't managed to calorie count or go gym. But by joining this sight and hopefully with everyones support, I would like to try to get rid te remainder of the 3 stones.

Replies

• Hi :)
    Welcome to MFP, you are truly going to LOVE THIS. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)....
    Cheers to your health :drinker:
  • Hello
    Welcome - I only joined on Sunday and am really enjoying it
    I need to lose two stone but I am working on half a stone at a time
    That way it is not too daunting
    Good luck
    Georgina
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Best of luck! Hope you get as much enjoyment ouf ot this site as I have in the last week........Welcome!
  • I'm trying to focus on 1/2 stone at a time too. Makes it more MUCH more doable. :)
  • This site is great for support and guidance! It will be an asset to you on your journey! If you would like my support feel free to friend me.

Question: What is a "stone"? (stupid american here)
  • Hi there, I only signed up the other day and I've got 4-5 stone to lose, I've put on a lot of weight whilst I've been studying also, feel free to add me if you want to lose weight together. I am currently 335 pounds and my first goal is 225, then under 200 rather than look at it like whole stones!
  • This site is great for support and guidance! It will be an asset to you on your journey! If you would like my support feel free to friend me.

Question: What is a "stone"? (stupid american here)

One stone is 14 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.