Intro- Looking for some buddies for my system.

Browneyedgirl4
Browneyedgirl4 Posts: 16 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all,
My name is Felicia. I am new to MFP, I actually signed up yesterday. Today I am fixing up my profile and checking things out. As I mentioned earlier, yesterday was my first day and it went well. As we all know it's all the days that follow that can be difficult. I have tried several times in the past to lose weight but somehow it always finds it's way back. I have read so many inspiring stories here, someday I hope to have my own. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance:smile:

Replies

• welcome!!
  • Just remember each person is different I see some people on here doing better than me and think Ahhh why can't I do that?! But than you step back & remember as long as youre putting ur best foot forward you'll get there in good healthy time for you.
    I've been going ten days and lost ten pounds... And honestly I'm doing it pretty happily :) I was addicted to yummy food and mt.dew. I found a satisfying enough diet substitue for pop but couldn't give up tasty food. So I eat whatever I want! Just not as much. And since I have the MyFitnessPal app on my phone it's constant in myface to track my calories do I stay under everyday :)
    I've exercised very minimally... It's crazy how much just ur eating habits can effect. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support ;)
  • signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Welcome:) My goal is also to have my own succes-story to tell, so good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as friend, I you want more to share it with :)
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome and Good Luck!! I am new as well. I actually joined in early jan, but I am getting serious about it now. Add me as a friend if you would like.

--Erin
  • I too have been trying to loose weight for a while and have had little luck doing so. My main issue was just getting into a routine and sticking with it. Now I try to get into the gym 5 days a week atleast an hour. I also have begun a low cal diet and drinking more water. Im looking to loose 100 lbs in a year or less that's my long term goal, short term I'd like to be able to be down four dress sizes by September. Good luck with your journey and try to stay motivated;)
  • Browneyedgirl4
    Browneyedgirl4 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks so much. My next post was going to be questions. Questions about diet....whether most people just calorie count or just eat extremely healthy. Questions about exercise....how much and how often, if at all? You've already touched on both. Congrats on your sucess!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Welcome to this supportive community. We all have our own journey but it great to share the walk with others. Please feel free to send a friend request.
  • jenallen15
    jenallen15 Posts: 12 Member
    New here, too (joined last Monday). So far so good! Feel free to add me as a friend~support is key , I think:)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    I'll send you a freind request. The support does help. I like to look at the food diaries of my friends to get ideas of how they are eating. I try to eat pretty healthy but allow myself the occasional indulgance. Have been on 35 days and have lost 10 pounds. Pretty happy with it so far!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Welcome! I am a newbie as well, just signed up a few days ago.
    Feel free to add me as a friend - support is key!

good luck
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Welcome to MFP. I have been using the app to count calories but never really did the message board and since I am surrounded by pretty skinny friends...no one wanted to work out with me and no one really understood the need to stand in front of the fridge with the door open looking for something magical to appear...this time around I am going to throw myself in the mix like you and look for support this time...

Hope I can help! Requesting you as a friend!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Welcome... I came back about a month ago myself.. and now I dont want to leave..LOL Support is major and having great friends on here to share it with is defnitely key...

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Welcome... I came back about a month ago myself.. and now I dont want to leave..LOL Support is major and having great friends on here to share it with is defnitely key...

Feel free to add me as a friend.
This discussion has been closed.