Frustrated.

Options
My diary is open, I don't have a clue what to eat at my 3pm meal, I don't want to go over my carbs and I need more protein ;/ My cals are also way low as well but I haven't been hungry all day ! I am taking a spin class at the gym tonight but I'm not sure whether I should factor that in now or after the class...

Replies

• novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Diary seems to be private. Almonds are a great snack for protein. Or maybe a protein shake, most have low carbs. I wouldn't worry to much about it. A little over/under is fine. We're all humans, and no one's body works the same.
  • SamsGonePaleo
    Options
    My goal is 1,200 and I am at 625, I have 2 meals left today so I want to make sure they are each around 300 cal
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ...I am taking a spin class at the gym tonight but I'm not sure whether I should factor that in now or after the class...

Try to estimate the amount of calories you will burn and eat those throughout the day, you don't have to wait until after you exercise, it is actually better to space them out. Just eat high cal food such as nuts and/or seeds, trail mix is great.
  • SamsGonePaleo
    Options
    Thanks !
  • larsonp
    larsonp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like Cheese for high protien, low carb.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I like Cheese for high protien, low carb.

If you know you're going to exercise like crazy (and spin classes usually are) you can up your carbs before the class and rebuild with protein after. You'd only have to worry about eating your exercise calories if you're tempted to not go to class which would put you over for the day. If you're disciplined and know that you will go, don't worry about it. 1200 is quite low - but you know your body best. Just make good choices in what you are eating and be full - that is what will keep you from eating more - add something with fiber too that will help keep you feeling full longer.

Just don't eat too close to class - don't want you getting sick ;)
  • SamsGonePaleo
    Options
    ha thanks, yeah ew getting sick in spin would be terrible ! I think I'm going to do some organic peanut butter (no sugar added) and some wasa crackers and blackberries pre class, then tilapia and asparagus after...I added the exercise in before hand because I already paid for the class; so I'm going lol. It upped my carb allowance for the day a ton.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    ha thanks, yeah ew getting sick in spin would be terrible ! I think I'm going to do some organic peanut butter (no sugar added) and some wasa crackers and blackberries pre class, then tilapia and asparagus after...I added the exercise in before hand because I already paid for the class; so I'm going lol. It upped my carb allowance for the day a ton.
    wow, that sounds great. I should have come over for dinner!
    :laugh: