I'm a newbie

Options
Just had this site recommended to me. I literally just started using it minutes ago. I am a married 40 year old Mom with two girls, 16 and 21. I work at a credit union and literally sit most of the day. I have two beautiful Goldens that I bring for long walks daily. If I happen to miss a day, I jump on the treadmill. The walks take about 45 minutes to an hour and are up old trails in the woods. It definitely gets my heart rate up. I'm about 25 lbs. overweight and get very frustrated when I don't see it coming off immediately. I have no patience and need instant gratification to stick with things. I am going to try really hard and I'm hoping I can get some support and new friends along the way.

Replies

• gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place, we are all here for the same reason, and to help each other to reach our goals. feel free to add me to your buddy list. lets kick some butt !!!
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 40 year old mom of two girls. Mine are 8 and 5. I have about 35 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a married 45 yr old female and joined here a lititle over a week ago. I love the food diary on here as it has just about every food imaginable on here listed. Recently started a 30 day challenge on here and it's so nice to have the support of people I don't even know:) I also have a desk job but am finding time to work out at home. It's all about changes in our lifestyle. Amazing what you can really do, when you put your mind to it:) Add me if you like and we can help motivate one another:) Have a great day~~
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Its a great site! Best of luck to you!
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    I just started this website last monday, and since then I started exercising 5x's a week and watch my calories. Within a matter of days, I lost 5lbs. If you stick with it, you should see results. And just remember to also track your inches. You may be loosing fat but gaining muscle and it will not show up on the scale but if you track your inches you should see improvement there. Good Luck!
  • ghildie
    Options
    Hi there! I just started today too. Good luck to you! So far I'm loving the site!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

MFP is a great way to track you calories with food and exercise. It is not an overnight process, you need to take it one day at a time and plan to get healthy and fit. Not just see the scales drop, that will come in time.

You can succeed at this! One day at a time!
  • laney237
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on January 15th and was introduced to MFP a short time later. To date I've loss 11 lbs (Yay Me). It seems my entire life i've wanted to be smaller...and a few years ago I actually was. I lost over 90lbs!!! I felt and looked great, but I lost the weight in all the wrong ways, I was a poster child for ways "NOT TO LOSE WEIGHT", which is why 4 years later i'm battling the bulge once again.

I am a Mom to 3 boys and want more than anythig to be a strong, heatlhy role model for them :)

If you are looking to add to your friends list with Motivated, determined and lets face it...Hungry people...add me :))