I'm a Breakfast Hater.....

Options
Okay, so I have never been a breakfast person....even of the unhealthy variety...I just don't like the foods....but I know that breakfast is a really important meal....so I need some options.....I have to be at work at 7:00 in the morning....and a morning person I am SO not.....so, I don't have enough time to fix myself breakfast in the morning....and I'm not even that good at remembering the fix something the night before....sometimes I grab something at the last minute...but other times not....in the drawer of my desk at work, I always have a box of nutra grain bar....which is like the only kind of bar I will eat....(you have no idea how unbelievably picky I am about breakfast)....and sometimes I bring green apples(the only kind of apple I like)....though I don't eat them often b/c those darn apples make me so hungry for some reason.....ANYWAY, the reason I started this thread....I started eating bread with peanut butter in the mornings...(is that a good breakfast?) Though the problem with that is that I'm eating wheat bread(which is I love with sandwiches and everything....), it doesn't really taste as good with peanut butter and I kinda have an aftertaste in my mouth the rest of the morning....is there any other bread(thats not too expensive) that would be just as healthly but not taste as bad.....I hate breakfast....it stresses me out more than any other meal.....So, there's my random hear and there, rambling breakfast rant.....

Oh yeah, you know what's crazy....this post makes me look like I'm a weird picky eater....and I'm really not....It just the insanity of breakfast that scrambes my mind.....

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Options
    i buy natures own whole wheat and love it. u can also try fruits. bananas, oranges, grapes, etc. grab some yogurt. fruit and yogurt is always good
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    what about an english muffin with peanut butter. you can get the 100 calorie kid and they taste really good!

PS i am a breakfast hater too. lol
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Boil a dozen eggs and put them back in the carton and keep it in the fridge. (Label it so you don't grab the wrong ones when you reach for an egg.) Grab one or two for breakfast.

Make scrambled eggs in a circle mold and freeze them. In the mornings, microwave one and put it on an English muffin. If you like, you can keep Canadian bacon and cheese on hand and add them. You can also assemble the whole sandwich before freezing it, and then microwave it all together, but personally I don't like microwaved bread.

Instant oatmeal packets.

Smoothies.

Cereal. You can carry some dry cereal in a baggie or resealable bowl if you need to eat on the go.

No excuses! You need to make time for breakfast. Even if you fry an egg, make toast, and sit down and eat it, that takes maybe 10 minutes. If you don't have 10 minutes to take care of yourself in the morning, then you need to rethink your priorities! What's more important than giving your body the fuel it needs?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat something nutritious in the morning you are good.
    You don't necessarily have to eat something that is considered a breakfast food.

If I feel like eating some grilled chicken and veggies in the morning I will.

But if you are looking for quick and easy what about some yogurt or something like that.
    They even have fruit cups that you can buy that come in natural juices (instead of the syrup).
  • Lizzy74
    Options
    I have an english muffin with marmite (love it or hate it?) or yoghurt and fruit is easy or maybe just a banana? Keep trying and you will find something to suit x
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    How about trail mix with dried fruit and nuts (no M&Ms or candy!)

When I worked an early morning shift, I just couldn't deal with breakfast at 4:30 a.m., so I packed 150 or 200-cal packs of trail mix into sandwich baggies and kept those in my desk. I could pull one out and nibble a little at a time-- sometimes it would take me two hours to get through one-- but it was much less daunting than actually facing food in the morning.

You might also try smoothies or yogurt?

And how eating breakfast in "courses"-- e.g., maybe half a PB sandwich early, and then something else- like the other half of the sandwich, or a handful of dried fruit and nuts-- a couple of hours later?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just remembered something else you can do:

Make pancakes, waffles, and/or French toast in a big batch. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer. When they're frozen, put them in a bag (use waxed paper between them so they don't stick together). Pull one out in the morning and stick it in the toaster or microwave. Portable and yummy.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I have a bagel and peanut butter or a yogurt. Cals to get you thought the morning.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You should try the carnation instant breakfasts which are just basically meal replacements....they taste good....not too sure about their nutritional value, but they do the trick....or any meal replacements and just add some protein powder to it
  • tlcoke
    tlcoke Posts: 10
    Options
    I am the same way, that I don't like Breakfast foods. I am eating Fruit (Grapes, Oranges, etc..) and Yogurt (I was not a big fan, but I have found two flavors I like). I also sometimes eat a granola bar. A nutritionist told me to eat a Ham or Turkey sandwich for breakfast, just make sure I eat something.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Eating a little something in the morning does not mean you have to eat foods that are stereotypical American Breakfast Foods. Eat brown rice and chicken if that’s what you like. Steak and a spinach salad. The goal is simply to get some lean protein and slow burning carbohydrates to get your metabolism going (see quote below from Fitness Magazine). I work from home, but I make breakfasts items in batches that can be frozen and easily reheated. My favorite choice for breakfast is a homemade oatmeal scone and a cup of tea.
    Eat breakfast.
    It will switch your metabolism from idle to high speed. That's because your level of cortisol, a hormone that helps you use calories to build muscle, is highest just before you get up in the morning. When you eat an a.m. meal, your body is primed to turn those calories into muscle pronto -- the only time during the day this happens. Take advantage of the natural torching process by having a healthy breakfast of scrambled eggs, low-fat turkey bacon, and a piece of whole-grain toast.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I do this, too. You can easily make a month’s worth of wholegrain pancakes, french toast, and waffles in just a couple of hours on a weekend. 2 hours of work, and have breakfast solved all month.
    I just remembered something else you can do:

Make pancakes, waffles, and/or French toast in a big batch. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer. When they're frozen, put them in a bag (use waxed paper between them so they don't stick together). Pull one out in the morning and stick it in the toaster or microwave. Portable and yummy.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the suggestions....yes, I am bad at prioritizing...it's not that I don't want to make time for breakfast...it's just that I don't drag myself out of bed in time to get ready and have time for breakfast....I do have time to eat breakfast at my desk in the morning...if I remember to bring something....I have tried yogurts....but can only eat a few bites before I get all gaggy....the texture bothers me and I've tried all flavors.....I know I just have to make time to sit down and figure out breakfast....I think I'm going to buy some peanut butter to put in my desk.....anyway....THANKS!!