Android App

Options
I just joined today. i downloaded the android app and discovered this website. This is my first day of trying to lose weight so I figured I needed all the help I could get. This is great. I can enter the food on my phone when I am not cose to a computer. So here I go. Hopefully this time it will work.

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app too, and that's how I came about the site. I LOVE having the app on my phone at all times, and now I am as addicted to this site as I am to Facebook! At least it's a healthy addiction :-) Anyway, welcome!!!!
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    Same here....love the android app. The bar code scan is very cool. Good luck on your journey, your gonna love MFP.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I also found this website through the application and I love it! I don't have internet at home so if I can't track my calories at work I can just pick up my phone. No more excuses!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    I never successfully kept track of my food before this program - I use the app on the computer at work and then on my iTouch in the evenings. It's really great for people like me who suck at writing things down ...
  • Trackiebloop
    Options
    The app is how I found this site too, I wouldn't be without it now, I hit my first goal today which I'm really please about and shows that this really does work. And I have to agree the barcode scan is amazingly handy. Good luk with your weight loss journey xx
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too am using the app, but is there a way to "complete today's entry" on the app like you can on the site itself?
  • StaySee0828
    StaySee0828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too learned of this site thru the app--and I LOVE my app--HOWEVER, the past week or so it will not work! It is not synchronizing and keeps forcing me to "go offline." I emailed support/feedback and left a comment on mfp's facebook page but no help yet... :sad:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I just got an Android and I'm wondering - can you post to the home page from it? Or just enter food? Thanks!!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Okay you Android folks (I'm one too!), be sure to download the FREE app Cardio Trainer. It will work just like a GPS watch for you and will even talk to you (I chose the sexy British accent of a man!) as you run to tell you your pace, your speed, calories burned, your mileage etc. And I put it up against my $399 Garmin 310XT HRMGPS and it was pretty much right on!

Motivating, fun and free. Try it out! I think they even have a heart strap that you can order to use with Cardio Trainer too, that'll actually replicate a GPS HRM!
  • Trackiebloop
    Options
    @ igreenberg

There isn't a way the complete tpdasy entries on Android yet, inlike the I phone. I did e-mail the feedback and enquired about having this added and they advised they are looking into it as an update. :o)
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I too am using the app, but is there a way to "complete today's entry" on the app like you can on the site itself?

Go to the website on your phone and sign in you can complete that way. I believe right now the iphone app you can complete entry. I think they said they will include that in the future for android
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will try the Cardio trainer. Thanks
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I too learned of this site thru the app--and I LOVE my app--HOWEVER, the past week or so it will not work! It is not synchronizing and keeps forcing me to "go offline." I emailed support/feedback and left a comment on mfp's facebook page but no help yet... :sad:

I was having the same problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and that fixed the problem for me.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    I use the Android app too, and that's how I came about the site. I LOVE having the app on my phone at all times, and now I am as addicted to this site as I am to Facebook!

ditto!
  • StaySee0828
    StaySee0828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I was having the same problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and that fixed the problem for me.

Wish that worked for me--but it didn't--I tried already. wtf?! :(
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app too, and that's how I came about the site. I LOVE having the app on my phone at all times, and now I am as addicted to this site as I am to Facebook!

ditto!

same here! I've only been using for a short time but I LOVE it!