30 Day shred??

Options
I have been reading around about the 30 day shred on here. Does it really work for people? and Do you really recommend it?

I'm thinking since it's only 30 minutes I would do it on top of what i've been doing anyway.

Thoughts?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I recommend it for toning & for endurance & stamina. It certainly helps lose inches, however, I didn't lose much weight with the program. I think more cardio is needed for that, so if you incorporate more cardio, you're golden. I liked the program. I found it really gave me strength & now i'm able to do her other more challenging dvds.
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! If you want to lose inches and tone up then it's a must have!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred and yes it works! I do the shred in the morning (usually) and then some weight loss pilates and yoga in the evening.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I love the 30-day shed. It has really made a difference for me. I don't have time nor the fiances to go to the gym, so I do this instead. Jillian really knows how to kick my butt. I can see a difference in my energy level, and I am getting toned along with losing weight. I am able to get my workout in before my kids get up or after they go to bed. This way I still feel like I am exercising without spending hours at the gym. I would highly recommend it.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi,i have not long bought it along with another on of j/m's dvd's,
    i must admit i thought it would be the same as all the others!! but i will give her this she really does work you into a sweat(unlike my other dvd's) and there are harder levels ,i have only tried steps 1 and 2 and ached after the 2nd so i would REALLLLLLY recomend it!
    lol so in basic IT IS GOOD!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred.. I just started level 2 today.. but I also do it on top of ALLL my other workout routines.. and I recommend it to everyone.. I also recommend getting her Banish fat and boost Metabolism dvd as well.. I do that and treadmill and stuff and love it
  • jjjohns
    Options
    I think the 30 Day Shred is great! I've been doing it every other day for about a month and have been doing level 2 for a few weeks - soon to move up to level 3. It's intense but I feel stronger already. I have biceps now!! I think it's worth it so give it a try!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would recommend it. It's a great way to tone up.
  • mandy8860
    Options
    what is the 30 day shed program?
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It is a DVD workout from Jillian Michaels, she is a trainer on Biggest Loser!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD and love it. It kicks my butt! I'm on level 2. I like how she keeps it simple, and keeps changing the workouts each level, to keep your body confused (muscle confusion) and to keep from getting bored. Although I'm spending more time on level 2 than I did on level 1... can't seem to get past it. It reallyl kicks my butt!

As you can guess I recommend it. I feel more toned already and lost 5 lbs in two weeks!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Like all the other posts, I'm a big fan of the Shred. it kick started my exercise routine and she definitely kicks your butt in 27 minutes. The first 5 days I was really tired and lucky if I was able to go for a slow walk for 15 minutes! If you want to incorporate some cardio at home, try her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD, it kicks major butts...
  • wilmelenne
    Options
    Thanks everyone that's a lot of help. I'm going to pick it up after work today, but I'm going to just add it on to my routine. I'll start tomorrow and put an update!