WWYouD?

Options
So, from your experience, what do you do if you have quite a few calories left over at the end of the day??? Do you eat extra for dinner, do you eat higher caloric foods for dinner, or do you just not eat them?
Yes, my food diary is open, feel free to take a peek, but please don't let your fingers override your @ss. :heart:

Replies

• Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, I usually treat myself to a little dessert (like a 60-cal sugar free pudding snack or a peppermint patty) :smile:

But if you are trying to do it in a healthy way, I usually just increase the portion size of one of my meals, or add something to it (ex. add craisins to my Special K cereal, granola to my yogurt, PB to my apple, that kind of thing)
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    A good "midnight" snack! Fruit or something...maybe even chocolate milk if I have it. Or a reasonable dessert, too. :)
  • jp_saxmachine
    Options
    I guess you shouldn't just snack on a sugary treat for the sake of it. Maybe look at how you are in terms of sugar intake for the day etc and decide from that. Surely a piece of fruit or smoothie would be better?
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I let them go to waste. I am sure , like myself, there will be days you go over. They offset each other in long run.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I eat them if I'm hungry, or if I'm under 1200. If not, I skip it.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    trying eating breakfast more often if not everday...
  • mrsmooset
    mrsmooset Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a glass of milk or some cereals, just to take me over 1200, but there are mostly a few cals left at the end of the day.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    if im not hungry I dont eat them.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    I eat them if I'm hungry, or if I'm under 1200. If not, I skip it.

Same here. Sometimes it's really easy for me to hit my calorie goal and sometimes it's not. And usually after my work outs in the evenings I find myself not hungry ... I try to listen to my body most of all, but if I'm under 1200, I'll try and eat something light and nutritious.

I keep SF Jello pudding snacks at home too when I'm craving some chocolate!!
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    trying eating breakfast more often if not everday...

I don't usually start moving until 10:00am, so for me breakfast is lunch.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If I have quite a lot left over I have some nuts as I know they are good for you, but I often don't have enough calories left to have them regularly.
  • kitchentales
    Options
    It depends on how many calories I have left at the end of the day. Usually I'm over or under by a little bit, but there are nights when I have yoga and find that I'm 500 calories under my goal in the end. On those nights, I'll have a fruit salad or some kind of healthy snack (I don't run for the chip bag or chocolate bars), or like someone else said, increase portion size. I try to plan for an extra snacks on days I work out, but it doesn't always work for me.
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    :flowerforyou: First-Off i just want to Thank you for keeping your Diary "OPEN" im always looking for NEW Foods to Eat, for example i LOVE Bread but i HATE Whole Wheat (ive tried em all, they ALL Taste like CardBoard, YUCK!) i saw you had some White Bread/4-Slices for ONLY 140 Calories, thats AWESOME!!!! Did you just buy it in a Regualr SuperMarket or did you have to go to a Specific Place like Whole Foods? I also wanna try the Campbells Sauage & Vegatable Soup, it sounds good, so seriously & sincerly THANKS A BUNCH for having an "OPEN" Diary it really helped me!!!! I notice you don't enter in your Daily water intake, im just curious are you Drinking 8-8oz Cups a Day (if im being to noisy, just tell me, im sorry?!?!)

As far as the Extra Calories go, i usually have anywhere between 100-300 (1,270 is my Daily Amount), leftover i try NOT to Eat them up unless im TRULY Hungry not just to eat them for the sake of eating (does that make sense?), im still a Newbie, just started Tues 1/25/11 and as of Today ( I Weigh in EVERY Tues) ive lost 6 Pounds this Week, bringing my Grand Total to 16 pounds! So i guess im doing it right?!?! I am also exercising and taking Vitamins (feel free to look at my Diary & Profile and add me if you like as well)!!!

Again Thank your for Openess and Honesty it is Greatly Appreciated!!! Keep up the GREAT Work, GL, & GOD Bless!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    :flowerforyou: First-Off i just want to Thank you for keeping your Diary "OPEN" im always looking for NEW Foods to Eat, for example i LOVE Bread but i HATE Whole Wheat (ive tried em all, they ALL Taste like CardBoard, YUCK!) i saw you had some White Bread/4-Slices for ONLY 140 Calories, thats AWESOME!!!! Did you just buy it in a Regualr SuperMarket or did you have to go to a Specific Place like Whole Foods? I also wanna try the Campbells Sauage & Vegatable Soup, it sounds good, so seriously & sincerly THANKS A BUNCH for having an "OPEN" Diary it really helped me!!!! I notice you don't enter in your Daily water intake, im just curious are you Drinking 8-8oz Cups a Day (if im being to noisy, just tell me, im sorry?!?!)

As far as the Extra Calories go, i usually have anywhere between 100-300 (1,270 is my Daily Amount), leftover i try NOT to Eat them up unless im TRULY Hungry not just to eat them for the sake of eating (does that make sense?), im still a Newbie, just started Tues 1/25/11 and as of Today ( I Weigh in EVERY Tues) ive lost 6 Pounds this Week, bringing my Grand Total to 16 pounds! So i guess im doing it right?!?! I am also exercising and taking Vitamins (feel free to look at my Diary & Profile and add me if you like as well)!!!

Again Thank your for Openess and Honesty it is Greatly Appreciated!!! Keep up the GREAT Work, GL, & GOD Bless!!!!! :flowerforyou:

So, I get the bread at Food Lion, usually. I would bet that Walmart also has it. All of the Campbell's Healthy Request soups are yummy, well except for thre French Onion soup. That one was gageriffic! I know the sodium is a tad high, but I have a bad habit of salting everything I put in my mouth, so it just taste right for me. Make sure to take note of the serving size. Each can is 2 servings, but they are so low in calories that I just eat the whole can.

Yes, I do drink the correct amount of water. I have a pitcher that I keep on my kitchen cabinet that I fill in the morning and I make sure to drink all of it or more before bedtime. I don't really like cold water, so this works for me.
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Sounds PERFECT!!!! Im sure if Wal*Mart doesn't carry it then Albertsons (Local SuperMarket) will carry it!!! Thanks sooo much, YOU rock!!!!! :glasses: