Running out of time

Options
Hello everyone my name is Willona and I am 34 trying to get my life back together before it is to late. I hvae 4 kids 14, 10, 4, and 3. I want to be around when they grow up. this is the first time I have done anything like this. I am having the gastric bypass surgery in about 2 months and I want to do everything I can to make it successful. I am the biggest that I have ever been in mylife. It hurts, and I am completly ashamed:cry: . I try to stay out of the mirror and away from photos when I use to love both of them. I know the journey is going to be long but I am ready to take the challange on.

Does anyone know what I can do that would be easy on my back.. I need a breast reduction but my BMI is to high right now. Because of that if I stand or walk any amount of time my back starts killing me.

I am glad to be here.:happy:

Replies

• creativekat
    creativekat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    spinning (group cycle) or swimming.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I've heard that water aerobics is about the easiest, most low-impact thing you can do... try that maybe. :)
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    swimming is probably the best thing
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you are able to find the support you need from MyFitnessPal. I know it's difficult to commit to change, but you've got at least 5 great reasons to do it (don't forget to do this for yourself too ;)) Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you're here Willona! These people are blessings and I pray you reach all your goals and you feel better!
  • Aitenev
    Options
    Welcome! You have taken the first steps. It's a lot of hard work and it won't happen overnight (didn't gain all that weight overnight did we?) but if you stick with it, it WILL happen. And when it does you will be so proud. Take it one day at a time. I know this from personal experience. I've lost 96 pounds since last March. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the swimming to ease the pressure on back and joints. Good luck and God speed with your getting to where you want to be.
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    - Yip swimming is definately the way forward. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend
    Kathryn
  • jp_saxmachine
    Options
    I would definitely recommend aquarobics. They do it at many swimming pools and i'm sure your back would manage it. Hope all goes well for you :)
  • Juicyyy
    Juicyyy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking steps to improve for you and your kids! I agree with most everyone else, swimming, and water aerobics are probably the best you can do right now and walking too ,even if its just half a block to start it will get easier. I am so proud that you are able to admit that there is a problem and you want to fix it, that takes a lot of courage. Good luck and God Speed to you on your journey. I know you can do it, and we are all here to HELP you along the way! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want daily support and encouragement :)
  • lulu20111
    Options
    Hi Willona and welcome, this is a great site with loads of support so you are not alone! Not sure if this is something that would help, but alongside the swimming have you thought about easing into the exercise before your breast reduction by starting with Chairobics (not sure I've spelt that right) but I saw it on the TV the other day and it's all done while you sit and you use the chair as support, i've used something similar in the remedial treatment for back injuries and trying to get posture corrected with amputees....may not work for you, but could be worth a look!

Feel free to add me, and good luck with achieving your goals! :)

Lulu x