Just ate 10 mini muffins - Hate myself

Options
2»

Replies

• kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My confession for today, popcorn at the movies with a lot of extra butter! I do great at the grocery store, but when I go to the movies, I can rarely resist the popcorn with extra butter. Fortunately we don't go very often.
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We've all done it! Mine was pizza and wine on Saturday.

Just have to put it down to experience and try to be less tempted next time.

Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    I ate 250g of carob honeycomb, a bowl of cocopops and 8 cookies today. So don't worry. I feel bad too, but the thing to remember is that you souldn't feel bad because you'll get in the habit of punishing yourself with food. Bad.

Hugs from afar.
  • rainonurparade3
    Options
    Isn't it crazy how before we changed our ways, our 'mistakes' were TOTALLY different from now!

Example: I was a bit disappointed in myself for eating those two subway cookies today (macadamia and oat + raisin, yum hehe) HOWEVER when I look at my eating habits a month ago, I'd eat a tub of icecream, pizza, 2x blocks of chocolate and a bottle of coke and it'd only be then when I was laying in bed feeling sick that I'd feel disappointed in myself!!!

In these situations it pays to take a look at where we came from yeah?
    :)
  • Elli0tt
    Options
    I have always felt that some form of a reward system helps, with everything in life actually. I weighed myself today and lost 6lbs since my last weigh in, I worked my @$$ off for it but hey I've lost 13 lbs in the 1 or 2 weeks I have started here. After training tonight I weighed myself and with no shame at all I've allowed myself some soda (I guess u can say thats my weakness) which I'm currently enjoying. I'm eating small healthy meals everyday, training harder everyday, and I feel great. It's also getting easier. Among people, friends, family, and co workers I'm very much respected because they feel the "I'll do it or I'll die trying" presence in me.

My high school weight lifting coach (Former Olympic medalist) once told me, believing or not believing in what your doing can make or break you. We were talking about all these theories and programs that are supposed to make you bigger/stronger/better than this way or that way, but thats what it boils down too, belief in what YOU are doing.

In just this little amount of time this very diet has increased the quality of my life, and a lot of you are looking at it like you are not experiencing that increase in the quality of your life because you haven't reach your 'goal weight'. I talked to a woman on here just the other day, she told me she allows herself a slice of bread with natural peanut butter once in awhile and she said "It's like heaven"...A slice of multi grain bread, with all natural peanut butter? If thats not being grateful that I don't know what is. When things get tough while dieting. Don't be miserable, be proud you have taken control, and use that motivation to redefine yourself as the one strong enough to stand up against all odds.

People will think - Thats the woman who's WILL cannot be broken, or thats a man that goes and gets what he wants. People sense DRIVE AND DETERMINATION, it's like they can smell it.

Enjoy the little pleasures, and be proud of powering through the tough spots

Come on folks!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't hate yourself, you just made a bad choice today, but that's done now. The only way to go is forward and you can do better tomorrow!
    Like everyone else, I'm better if I don't have treats in the house, or if I do, I put them in the freezer so I have to think about it for a while before I eat them.
    You certainly aren't defective, just like me and lots of other people who are used to "treating" ourselves with food and now paying the price for it.
    Good luck for a better day tomorrow
    from Ruby who has eaten half a packet of cookies today!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    The rest of humanity seem to be able to eat only when they are hungry. I am defective :(

I assure you, it only seems that way!! This site is filled with people who (like yourself!) are struggling too! I am constantly eating, whether I'm hungry or not, and controlling that has been my biggest hurdle so far! It doesn't happen overnight, or even over a week or month. Last week I went over my calories by 800+, lol! Setbacks happen, keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Isn't it crazy how before we changed our ways, our 'mistakes' were TOTALLY different from now!

Example: I was a bit disappointed in myself for eating those two subway cookies today (macadamia and oat + raisin, yum hehe) HOWEVER when I look at my eating habits a month ago, I'd eat a tub of icecream, pizza, 2x blocks of chocolate and a bottle of coke and it'd only be then when I was laying in bed feeling sick that I'd feel disappointed in myself!!!

Tou brought tears to my eyes, as though you were in my head. Thank you for being here. I needed that.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I so agree with you!! I would do the same thing and now I freak out about if I have any little thing thats considered bad! I don't have much self control when it comes to sweet still, so my husband who can eat anything and everything he wants and still doesn't gain weight, had to get a safe to lock his sweets away from me!! It's kinda pathetic, but at the sametime it works and I don't end up eatting boxes full of brownies and swiss cake rolls in a day. I also agree with some people who have said to have a cheat day. I usually do on friday or saturday and then its back to eatting healthy. This way you at least get a little reward for all your hard work during the week.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna try and reinvent the wheel here.

Read this:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-dieters-fail-diets.html

I know I have mentioned "A Guide to Flexible Dieting" a number of times before (and no, I'm not on commission for Lyle McDonald!) but it bears repeating. It is a great book.
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Im not sure the advice too join the binge eating thread was appropriate advice????

10 mini muffins....thats not too bad you are only human and they taste bloody nice (doesnt equate to a binge eating disorder).....

Just log the calories do a little extra cardio today and focus on healthy lunch and dinner.

Dont beat yourself up we ALL do it sometimes, and it is not the end of the world x x x
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Until I started mfp I never knew my parents were binge eaters too. There was never any sign of it as a kid, except maybe around Christmas or birthdays. Binge eating isn't something we learn from examples, we find it by ourselves, and, in the main, it's a very private thing. So we think no one else is doing it and feel even worse.

So don't feel alone. There are skinny binge-eaters too, and giving in once doesn't mean you always have to, or that you can't be your desired weight.
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Today is a new day. I now know how NOT to do things! I am feeling so much better mentally, although am still suffering physically (have been to the loo A LOT!!!!!).

Love you all for getting me through this and making sure that it was just the one meal and not for 3 days or more like I would have done a few months ago. I guess the 'new' me can stop, which is such a good feeling!

Oh, there are the tears again! (but happy tears now)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No worries. It happens to all of us. We just have to realize that we have to be stronger in some areas than others. If you find that you have a sugar craving maybe try some protein. Or so I've heard lol. I had a bad few days and I know how you feel. However, that's the past and I cannot change it. Best thing to do is look forward to your next meal. It will get better :wink:
  • coffeekat02
    coffeekat02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The difference is, today your day didn't go as planned, but tommorrow is a new day, you have a chance to start over each day. Normally you (as I have) had 7 out of 7 days of the week in which I was eating everything and anything. So what you had one day and even if you have 6 days, you are doing better than you were : ) Baby steps, baby steps, sometimes we set unrealistic expectations for ourselves because we want results NOW, I would say if you normally eat 15 mini muffins, just shoot for 5 next time. I feel the more you deprive yourself the better odds of falling victim to the very foods that got us in this predicament : ) Also, remember to exercise, this will help too even if it is only a 15 minute walk! You are not alone!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Reading some of the replies, I just wanted to add.... having an occasional day of less-than-stellar food choices DOES NOT make you a "binge eater" ! It just means you had a bad day (which is probably a great day compared to what you've been eating in the past, right?). Don't worry about assuming you have a disorder or behavioural disfunction! :noway:
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The good news is that if you truly feel as bad as you sound like you are, you should be able to recall that feeling the next time those muffins, ect. call to you. Knowing how horrible you felt after making a mistake such as this one should make it easier to walk away from the temptation next time. You can always revisit this thread to bring those disappointed feelings back too to remind yourself that those treats are really not worth it in the end.
  • cerrmann
    Options
    Good tip RatRiverChick!! That totally works too! That's how I quit drinking! Every Friday I wanted to pound like 4-5 beers I was like "well last Friday, the headache will start in a couple hours and I'll wake up hungover and negative tomorrow and waste Saturday". Every time I thought of what would happen if I did (whatever you want to quit) then you think it's not worth it and you don't do it.

Eating is a different story sometimes. My worst mess ups are after a day of trying to eat too little and then I binge when I get home! One time I ate like 2 wagon wheels, a huge dinner, attacked left over halloween candy etc. Ruined the whole days work. Need to spread it out and you wont binge
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Will this ever get easier? Will I ever just stop doing binging? The rest of humanity seem to be able to eat only when they are hungry. I am defective :(

I have not read the whole thread, but the question you need to ask yourself is what was in your mind that you did this. Something motivated it, because you were not really hungry, even if your brain was saying you were.
  • abihaila
    abihaila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was tempted into eating two subway cookies today - you're not alone!

ya free cookies from subway on v-day! I manage to only eat 1/2 but they gave me the wrong one cookie so that made easy.