Need some friends to motivate me :)

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Jessica. I joined in December and kinda stopped keeping track of myself for a while but I am taking this weight loss thing seriously now! I am looking for some friends to help push me to succeed in weight loss! I am hoping to lose about 30 pounds by this summer! I also want to run a 5K next month in Vegas, but I am so intimidated because it takes me forever to reach that 3.1 mile mark... I live in a little secluded town in the mountains and I don't have a lot of time nor do I have the opportunity to meet alot of friends... especially ones that have much in common with me! I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who keeps me pretty busy :) It would be awesome to have some online homies hahaha :)

Replies

• tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    u can friend me if u like
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I just started too and I am really liking this! can add me if you want :happy:
  • rpena
    rpena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jessica! Looks like you are at a good start. I too need motivation and could use someone to help motivate me. Like you I am taking this very serious too. I gained a lot of weight since I got married a little over 5 years ago and was working and going to school full time. Like you I want to run a 5k. I couldn't find one near me (didn't know there was one in Vegas). I only live 5 hours away from there! I was thinking of doing the Pat's Run in Phoenix. I got my sister-in-law to join me too. I figured this would give me enough time to train. So far since January I have lost 23 lbs!!! Yay.... I am so excited!!!
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Your welcome to add me too!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    hi Jessica - I just joined as well! Friend request on it's way.
  • larmo22
    larmo22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey jessica, this site is great! i have some friends from work and it keeps us talking about it. i try to log in every day b/c if i don't, i might really screw up!

A 5k is a good goal! i haven't done it yet but why not!

I normally keep eat what i want, but i do input it into the site, so if i screw up with a bad choice, i don't get mad, i just learn that maybe that wasn't the best choice and attempt to make a better one next time.

Also, i learned that i need to exercise, so if i do go over my calories for the day, i am allowed to because of exercise.

may we both have good luck in weight loss and a good looking summer!

have fun!
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber, I'm in need of motivation also. I got married nine years ago this August. When I got married I was 126 pounds. I have 5 kids ages 8, 5, 5, 2, and 2. Yep, I've got two sets of twins! My pregnancies have taken a toll on my body. I went from 126 pounds with a BMI of 20 to 186 pounds and a BMI of 30 as of a few weeks ago. I've lost 6 pounds so far and I want to lose 45 more pounds.

A goal I have is to lose those 45 pounds which will put me down to 135 at 5 foot 6 and be in good enough shape to summit Mt. Timpanogos in Utah. It's a 15 mile round trip hike. As it sits now, just the hike to Timpanogos cave tires me out and that's only 3.5 miles!

Another goal I have after I lose the weight is to get a tummy tuck so I can finally be rid of this yucky "twin skin." Of course, that may never happen due to finances. But hey, a mom can dream can't she?
  • melhoffman
    melhoffman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you like.
  • novakayne
    novakayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also just joined today. Looking for some friends that share the same goals. Friend me if you like or just send me a message.
  • DoubleO7
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...Your welcome to add me if you like :flowerforyou:

Cheers :drinker:
  • heidimw
    Options
    Hello Jessica!

I'm not exactly "new" to the site, but I myself am looking for a few comrades to work towards fitness with! I've sent a friend request and I look forward to getting to know you.

Anyone else is welcome to add me as a friend as well!