The trick is not wanting to die....

Options
Hi all,

...the trick to losing weight is finding what makes you want to live.

I have my inspiration:my beautiful daughter. She turns 1 on February 22nd and I want to start living for her. I want to comfortably run and play with her this summer. More importantly, I want to be here for her when she's my age.

No women on my mother's side of the family have lived past the age of 67. Each died from a smoking or drinking related illness. Fortunately, I am not smoking, nor drinking, but my Blood Sugar is much to high (I had gestational diabetes).

In turn, I started this program on Saturday. So far I absolutely love it. It is easy to follow, easy to track progress, and fantastic for motivation.

I am already down 2lbs (its just water weight, but I'll take it), and feeling much stronger with all the exercise fueled Endorphines racing through my system. For the first time in years I believe I can actually beat the family curse...and live to see my own Grandchildren!!

:-)

Replies

• erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!!!!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Go girl! Good luck!
  • kdmckenna
    Options
    Thank you!!! How long have you been on the "program"?
  • musiccuresall
    Options
    Good luck! My inspiration is to be fit and healthy before having kids(its a ways away...but still gotta get after it sometime). I'm so afraid of doing what all the women in my family have done, which is have babies and gain weight from then on. I want to be active before, during and after the pregnancy. I hope that your daughter continues to be a motivation for you, but remember its for you too! Its so easy as a woman to put yourself last, when really you need to put yourself first. Thats what Im working on.
  • kdmckenna
    Options
    I agree with you entirely. It's never effective and long sustainable change to do something for someone else. My decision isn't just for my daughter. It's for me - so that I can help her one day with her own babies. So that I can enjoy every moment with her. So that I can live a fuller and happier life - which will make her life all that more happier and fuller!! This past year has been so hard without my own mother (she passed away 2.5 years ago at the age of 62)...and I don't want to lose any time with my "Doodle Bug" if I can help it. I can honestly say I am VERY selfish about this - and very proud of it, too!!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have a lot of inspirations for my weight loss. Keep it up!