help with color n flowers for my wedding ???...

Options
whats ur opinion on what flowers i should have n colors??? ...IMAGE_102.jpg.mydress-2.jpg .....this dress is short we just placed it near the shoes to match its above the knee dress...thanks for readin n the help my wedding is early may....

Replies

• McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I vote for calla lilies for flowers... and what time of year is your wedding?
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I vote for something either yellow or pink
  • cheangela
    Options
    Your dress has such little floral details... I would go big with the flowers. An antique pink bundle of peonies will not only smell decadent but will also compliment your beautiful skin and not detract from the detail of the dress. Good luck!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I was thinking yellow calla lilies...
  • cheangela
    Options
    ...by the way, check the flowers that are "in season" the date of your wedding. We had to completely scratch our original plan and start a new as soon as we found out everything we wanted would be 2x as much due to being out of normal growing season.
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    whats ur opinion on what flowers i should have n colors??? ...IMAGE_102.jpg. .....this dress is short we just placed it near the shoes to match its above the knee dress...thanks for readin n the help my wedding is early may....
    You need to use you favorite colors...I have married three daughters and they all used their Favorites...Spring wedding we used red and yellow Gerber daisy with purple filler...autumn..we used orange and brown autum flowers, Christmas , we used red rosesand the bride carried white roses...it's your day...do it your way! Congratulations too on your W L you have done a great job!
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    why not have a simple posy of roses ... with the warm shade of the fabric I would suggest `Vendella` its a warm champagne colour and would compliment the dress rather than take away from it .... add a diamate pin to the centre of each rose to lift the sparkle on your shoes and have them tied simply with a chiffon or satin ribbon.

Very simple but stylish............... and very now !!!

Enjoy your big day

Tracey xx
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Red Roses or any of your fave flowers in a bright color! So they pop. Just not orange yelloe purple bright pink you get the idea
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think light pink flowers would go well with the fabric & shoes
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    it really depends on what you like, soft or vibrant colors, big or small flowers, smelly or not so much and then budget is to be considered and since it is in May you will have lots of choices.

i just did the flowers for my daughters wedding she looked at lots of wedding website and sent me pix of what she liked. this is what we came up with. she carried and ivory bouquet of roses, mini calla lilies, tulips, and gardenia. Her theme was peacock feathers so hers had white and her bridesmade had normal ones.Her bridesmade had purple and blue flowers Tulips, Iris and delphineum. Simple wrapped bouquets.
    2flowers.jpg
    flowers-1.jpg

You need to decide what your colors are and I can give you some ideas if you want.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of pink or light purple with the dress. It's adorable, btw and you look stunning, babe!!
  • Awineburg
    Options
    Off topic but.... Your shoes are totally AWESOME! So cute!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    OMG I love those shoes!!!! I hate heels so I want to get "wedding flip flops" for the reception and stuff but my mom said I have to wear heels for the ceremony (lol).. those shoes are adorable! Gonna have to look for a pair like that :)