Where do you do it?

Options
Do you work out at home? If you do, what do you do?
Do you go to the gym, If you do, how often?

Replies

• danielleelaineg90
    danielleelaineg90 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise at home every day, usually on the xbox and kinect, or using my gym ball and yoga mat.
    The less frequent exercise I get is when I go surfing, but thats only if the wave report is good!!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Zumba usually 4 times a week (at a warehouse) and elliptical at home for 30-60 min or walking outside at 4 mph for usually an hour.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 5-6 times a week, and I usually end up doing half of my workouts at home and half at the gym.

Today I worked out at home because the weather was horrendous and the gym was closed. I love to do Jillian Michaels workouts! I have her 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, no more trouble zones, and banish fat boost metabolism. I did her Banish Fat DVD today as this is more cardio and was craving some cardio. Her No More Trouble Zones is more strength training work.

At the gym I like to mix things up, I do a combination of any of the two: running, elliptical, and bike. I'm starting up HIIT running, so tomorrow I will be doing that again.

My workouts are like my food.. I like variety!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    At home: HIIT elliptical routines ranging anywhere between 30 - 90+ minutes.

At home + office: Prison workout routines, randomly throughout the day, in bursts of 5 - 10 minutes at a time. I don't log those as cardio. I just note that I do them.

I do these almost everyday. After about 10 - 14 days or so, I'll rest for one night, then do it again until my body learns that I'm serious :indifferent:
  • ErinLauren
    ErinLauren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym every weekday right after work. This does not allow me to sit on my butt and decide not to go. On Sat and Sundays I go when I get up. That is what works for me. If I decide I cant make it once or twice in a week I am still exercising enough that it doesnt really make a difference. I love the treadmill. HILLS is where its at. Start out at Level 1 for 20 minutes and just keep upping it as you get better and better at it. Jan 1st I was at Level 1 for 20. Feb 15th I am at Level 15 for 55 minutes. Your body will let you know when you are doing too much. MUST HAVE GOOD SHOES! I tortured my feet for the first couple weeks. Got Asics and now it is MONEY! Cant wait to go after work!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I found excuses to not go to the gym, so I work out at home. A good motivator was purchasing an expensive piece of equipment (my beloved elliptical) so that I make darn sure I get use out of it. I use it almost everyday for an hour and I try to work weights in or workout to a DVD once every few days. I have much more success sweating and grunting in the comfort of my own home.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I found excuses to not go to the gym, so I work out at home. A good motivator was purchasing an expensive piece of equipment (my beloved elliptical) so that I make darn sure I get use out of it. I use it almost everyday for an hour and I try to work weights in or workout to a DVD once every few days. I have much more success sweating and grunting in the comfort of my own home.

Right on. Plus, I'm more comfortable knowing that it's MY sweat getting on the machine...not Joe Schmoe or some random yahoo leaving their DNA in my path.