New to the boards

Options
Ahoy there! I started using the MFP app on my iPod touch that I won from work in late November. I've done pretty well for me so far, seeing as this is the first time I've ever intentionally lost weight.. My background? I work at a desk all day, have a slew of health problems and have quite frankly always been fat from a super-fun combo of heredity, medications and just not knowing how to take care of myself. .

I'm ready to change.

I've been paying more attention to what I eat and am slowly educating myself about nutrition. I joined the gym next to work two weeks ago, and have had a half dozen visits so far (which is awesome compared to the previous zero exercise!). I think I finally have my head in the right place and I'm ready to do this.

My biggest problem? Support! Hence my coming to the MFP community. I've done ok self-motivating so far (bye bye 10kg!), but I know that it's always great to have encouragement on your side. The real life response I've encountered of "Good, you need to lose weight, now lose more" isn't really doing it for me. It's not going to stop me, but I'd like something a little more upbeat.

So... hi there?

Replies

• v1k1n95
    Options
    Welcome. MFP helped me lose 15+ pounds so far. If you follow the calorie suggestions and fill out your goals and exercise truthfully, it will make it happen.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've lost 11 lbs. so far and found this an extremely encouraging and important part of the puzzle. Feel free to friend me. Good luck!
  • em1823
    em1823 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just started a few days ago - really started and needed the support from a community like MFP as well! Welcome and good luck!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    welcome! support is always good - sometimes a pat on the back or a kick in the rear. Lately I've been needing the latter.

Good luck and keep consistent. you will do this!
  • sanayhs
    Options
    Thank you for the welcomes! I'm looking forward to continuing this alllllll the way to a healthy weight and being in touch with other people on the same mission.