What is wrong with my body!!!?

Options
Ok so here's my situation...I weighed 180 lbs 2 months ago, now I weigh 161lbs, I am happy to see that the numbers on the scale is going down BUT all my clothes fit the same, I am still the same size (10/12) as before when I was 180lbs. This is so discouraging because I can not wear the clothes that I want to because I still feel big. I exercise regularly, 2 hours a day 6 days a week. I eat really healthy, fruits, vegetables, chicken, turkey, fish, no meat, only drink water. I just don't know what is going on. This is very disappointing. I appreciate any advice. Thanks :)

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat and I want to cry.. I keep telling myself it takes time and not to give up...I hate this though I too am trying really hard :cry:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating per day? What are your net calories at the end of the day?
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    what kind of exercising are you doing?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    What do you do for exercise?
  • frankthetank80
    Options
    What exercises are you doing? Whats a typical workout
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I love your quote.. I think Pink is such a powerful person
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Even though you are wearing the same size, are they fitting any better. I know I wore a 16 at 205 lbs and I was still wearing a 16 at 180, but they weren't stretched quite so much!:laugh: Now I weigh 144 and a 12 is a little bit big.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Do they fit better though? I mean before did you have some belly fat hanging over your pants and now there isn't?
    I can't wait to be 161!! That's great!!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    With a loss of 19 lbs. you must see a difference in your measurements. Were your clothes more stretchy clothes that could accommodate that much difference in weight. I know my jeans have some stretch in them and I could wear them with an extra 10 to 15 lbs. on me.......and I can still wear them now. They are a little loose but not loose enough that I can't wear them. I think a little stretch or spandex in clothes can be problem.
  • dmndz
    dmndz Posts: 8
    Options
    I eat 1200 to 1300 calories per day and my exercises consist of:

Mon- jogging 1hr, elliptical 30min, stair climbing 30min.
    Tues-jogging 30min, strength training 30min, spinning class 1hr
    Wed-same as mondays
    Thurs-same as tue
    Fri- yoga 1hr, jogging 1hr
    Sat-kickboxing 1hr, jogging 1hr

I usually burn around 800 to 900 calories per day depending on the intensity. I love jogging lol :)
  • dmndz
    Options
    oops i put my reply on the post below lol sorry!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    are you doing a lot of strength training? muscle builds faster than fat burns sometimes...and also muscle is denser...you can weigh the same but still be more fit...i remember reading an article at my gym, saying that often when people do weights to build muscle in their stomach/ab area, the stomach can actually get BIGGER before it starts to get smaller, because the muscle builds under the fat, but then the more muscle you are building will eventually start burining the fat...
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Nothing's wrong. The majority of weight loss initially is water. After about 30 lbs of weight loss will you notice clothes becoming looser. I was wearing the same size clothes when I was 303 and when I was 280. Around 270 - 260 is when I noticed they were becoming loose. It's possible to lose weight on diet alone, but as others have mentioned, exercise will increase your results, if you haven't incorporated it into your new lifestyle yet.

Edit: Just saw that you posted your exercise routine. Give it time. You'll see the results soon enough.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Wed-same as mondays
    Thurs-same as tue

I usually burn around 800 to 900 calories per day depending on the intensity. I love jogging lol :)

You're not eating nearly enough. netting 300-500 calories is not healthy either. You need to be up around 2000-2100 calories a day. You are getting "skinny fat" and wrecking your metabolism.
  • dmndz
    Options

Wed-same as mondays
    Thurs-same as tue

You're not eating nearly enough. netting 300-500 calories is not healthy either. You need to be up around 2000-2100 calories a day. You are getting "skinny fat"

Really? Omg! I guess I got used to eating the 1200 calories per day since when I first started. Thanks!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't even your BMR which is over 1400. Basically 1200 would be fine if you slept all day or just sat around on the couch. good thing is the situation is easy to fix.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    yep I agree with pyro! Eat more.... your body is trying to store that fat because you aren't feeding it enough.

And Definately add in some strength training... building more muscle will help your body burn through that fat... the more muscle you have the faster you will burn that fat away, but if you aren't eating enough your body will just eat your muscle instead of your fat, causing you to not see the results you want.