Diet Pop

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
Do you drink Diet Pop? I used to drink it, but then stopped because of the aspirtame, but when I want a pop fix, its costing me maga calories.

Replies

• DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    Try one of those flavored bubbly soda waters... you get that fizz without the nasty stuff. They always work for me!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    one every once in a while wont hurt you
  • o_so_red_1
    Options
    i try and stay away from the soda also, i try and order water with lemon when i eat out.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    It warms my heart to hear it called "pop". That's what it's commonly referred to in Utah, at least by those that grew up here back in the day.

I drink it, but try to limit it to weekends. Tastes even better then.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I do but I have cut back on how much of it I drink. I read some where it can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar. Unsure of how true that statements is.
  • LynneVMc
    LynneVMc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Rite cola- no aspartame.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda every single day. I love me some aspartame, om nom nom lol
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink it all the time. It's the next thing for me to work on, mostly because I have to be drinking too much of it. It's not natural LOL.

Splenda actually makes me feel high, and not in a good way. I've been using something called Truvia in my hot tea at home.
  • Skye76
    Skye76 Posts: 28
    Options
    I do but I have cut back on how much of it I drink. I read some where it can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar. Unsure of how true that statements is.

You're right. Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, Splenda, whatever) cause an insulin spike in your system. This in turn causes your body to convert carbohydrates already in your system into fat for long-term storage. Assuming you have no carbohydrates in your system, it's not an issue, but most of us have at least some wet or dry carbs still being processed.

In other words, while they may not be as bad for you as regular sodas, diet sodas (no matter the brand) will hinder your weight loss more than they will help.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in a long time. We don't even buy it anymore. If my husband wants one he gets one at his Moms or if we should eat out. Even that is a rare happening for him.
  • LoniS
    LoniS Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try the Zevia one. It's sweetened with stevia. I like the Ginger Root Beer one.