logging strength training

Options
i want to know how everyone is logging their strength training. do you log an average of sets, reps, and weight or do an entry for your individual set.

Replies

• jlewis121186
    Options
    this question is kind of weird? what are you referring to? the area where you log the reps and sets and weight is for your records...when you want it to count towards your calorie counts you put it under your cardio exercise- its called "strength training" and you log how long you did it...

does that answer your question?
  • ekglembocki
    Options
    okay there is a section to log cardio and there is a section to log strength. when logging your strength exercise it asks how many sets, how many reps per set, and it asks the weight that you did. my question is do you log an average of reps and weights or log for each rep? for example i did 4 sets: 16 reps with 40 lbs, 12 reps with 60lbs, 10 reps with 80lbs, and 100lbs. so do i figure an average or log each set individually? hope this clarified my question
  • dalbers
    Options
    I log each set seperately to record exactly how much I did each set. It works well.

If you want a better set and rep tracker with built in rest timers and such I recommend gym buddy, but its like putting a silk cap on a pig if you ask me. Sets and reps are sets and reps and this free app we have here is really all that is needed :)

I do a second record under cardio for calory tracking purposes as the strength training is a log only and does not provide caloric information tracking.

So, in conclusion

I record every single set by itself in the strength training
    I record total weight lifitng time after, under cardio

Works just fine.
  • ekglembocki
    Options
    thanks! very helpful... and i didnt even think about logging it under cardio.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had no idea you could log it under cardio! I'm doing that next time :)