Seat Belt

Options
I am having a hard time staying on the diet wagon lately and really wish that it came equipped with a seat belt. I need to get myself meantly strapped in but know that right now I am barley hanging on and having a hard time eating right. I have been going to the gym every day, and have really learned to enjoy it, I just need to work on the diet and am struggling so much the last few weeks. I need to pick up momentum and get back on the wagon!

Replies

• HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling! it got hard for me this past weekend. i really felt like i didnt care anymore. then my dad saw me and told me he could tell i had lost weight and he was so proud and i was looking great! yesterday i was back on the wagon and didnt look back! i am here to help you, if you'd like some more motivation you can add me. good luck!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    I like the seat belt idea!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Since your working out everyday... I personally would focus on the exercise if you can't find eating right all the time to be working... if you exceed your calorie goal working out, having that extra meal or extra calories in a meal isn't such a big deal! Eventually all you'll want to do is get better results so eventually eating right isn't so hard, but I say right away.. focus on burning extra calories!
  • jasonrip
    Options
    Glad I found this website today, pretty cool. Personally, I have been on a mission to get fit for the last three years. I lost 85 pounds and I am never going back! Lately, I have been in super high gear, and the weight keeps melting off. The biggest changes I made:

Step 1) Swearing never to eat fast food again (it's pure 100% crap)

Step 2) Learning to cook; for a man who's never cooked in a day in his life, it was a challenge at first. Now, I love cooking! Find quick meals that you can whip up. (If you already cook, then experiment with putting in less salt, butter, etc.) Take food with you when you leave the house, prevents you from buying poor quality food on the go.

Step 4) Eat six small meals a day; packed with protein (1g for every pound of body weight = daily intake) Protein keeps you full longer and build muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat.

Step 3) What did are cavemen and cave-women ancestors eat? Bread; No , Cereal; Nope ; Candy; Nada ; Can you guess the answer? They ate lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Our bodies can't digest all of this process food we eat, so it just gets stuck in our bodies. You have to ask yourself this one important question: "Are you living to eat? Or do you eat to live?" I choose the latter. What is your choice? Food is for fuel, not taste. You need that mindset. We would never put bad gas in our cars, so why on earth would we put bad fuel in our bodies?

The only thing stopping you, is you!

You can do anything you put your mind to!
    Now start today, one step at a time, if you slip, don't even let it phase you, just go back to leaving healthy.

You can do it!

~Jason R.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Step 4) Eat six small meals a day; packed with protein (1g for every pound of body weight = daily intake)

Jason- I agree with the 6 small meals per day. But that is too much protein! Protein should be 0.8-1.2g /kg of body weight.

Take your body weight divide by 2.2 and multiply by 0.8 and 1.2.... you should keep your protein within that range.
  • jasonrip
    Options
    Kmeekhof - You are right.

I should have put, if you are exercising a lot and doing strength training then 1g per pound of body weight. (US Navy Seal Doctors recommend between 0.6-0.8g per pound; The 1g is used for quick calculations. )

But if you are less active, than your equation should be followed. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • go80k80
    go80k80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I always know that I can get the motivation I need here when I am feeling a little down. My biggest hurdle is that I am always on the go, and am not taking the time to get my food prepared ahead of time and end up having to grab something on the fly. I know that I need to change that so it doesn't seem like so much of a chore...