Snack Ideas...HURRY!

Options
Wifey is making a list. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.. Looking for ideas for snacks. I'd like to incorporate more vegetables into my snacks as well as other ideas.

Replies

• jenkramer
    jenkramer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carrots with hummus is great, or cucumbers with a little bit of your favorite salad dressing? I'm a huge fan of WASA brand crackers with a wedge of laughing cow cheese - Most of my snacks are salty :)
  • itskristina
    itskristina Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    celery and peanut butter, carrots, broccoli, granola bars, pretzels? Those are some of my ideas under pressure. Hope they help.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, granola, nuts..fruit is always good and any veggie cleaned and chopped up is always a nice good snack.. :)
  • Lifedreamer
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello! absolutely love it, 10 cals per serving and it's fun to eat so it's pretty much just there to occupy yourself if you want to eat but aren't hungry, it's my favorite cheater!
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    all natural almonds by Emerald are great!
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Red bell peppers are a great snack and a great source of vitamin c,
    celery sticks
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    reduced fat cheese sticks with apples or carrots (cracker barrel 2% cheddar sticks are delicious)

celery and peanut or almond butter or bananas with pb
  • jlewis121186
    Options
    90 cal granola bars! i eat them quite a bit, lol
  • EzraCCM
    Options
    I really like Greek yogurt (like chobani or cabbot... more protein keeps you satisfied longer) with a sprinkle of granola.
    OR
    a banana with peanut butter
    or
    an apple or carrot sticks
    or
    a small handful of almonds or mixed nuts

hope this helps!
  • heynow388
    Options
    Yogurt, granola, nuts..fruit is always good and any veggie cleaned and chopped up is always a nice good snack.. :)

What kind of nuts? (No, I'm not being a pervert LOL)
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    take a grahm cracker break it in half and put fat free whipped cream between the crackers put in freezwer..a low fat ice cream sandwich:)
  • DeeDawn
    Options
    Sun rype fruit source bars are a great choice and you can also get ones with vegtables in them. They are very tasty and come in a variety of flavours. Hope this helps!
  • hreinhold83
    Options
    the laughing cow cheese and special k crackers, really good!
  • heynow388
    Options
    take a grahm cracker break it in half and put fat free whipped cream between the crackers put in freezwer..a low fat ice cream sandwich:)

OOO I like that one..
  • oneiljen
    oneiljen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Hommus and veggies too! Celery, carrotsm cucmbers and radishes!
    Also look for some recipes for home made granola bars or crunch.

If you like salty and crunchy, as I do..I eat the quaker rice cakes. I happen to like the cheddar flavored.

For a creamy treat I take non fat greek yogurt mix it with some honey, vanilla, and fresh fruit like peaches and it yummy. Watch your portion though because the honey does have calories
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love warm Almond milk.
  • heynow388
    Options
    Awesome Ideas everyone. I'm getting the "dont spend too much money" look. LOL
  • pokloness
    Options
    yea tried those today they are pretty awesome!
  • KimKelly65
    Options
    Almonds with dried cherry cranberries, Veggies with Marzetti's fat free veggie dip, low fat yogurt with cereal (I like crunchy kinds) to put on top, Lay's Baked Southwestern Ranch chips, apple with cheddar cheese (I buy the individual sticks), graham crackers with peanut butter...hope this helps.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter!