I lost my motivation

Options
I dont know what it is.... I love the fact Ive lost as much weight as I have. I LOVE that ive gone down from a size 18 to a size 12 in pants.... But this past couple of weeks I have slacked off...... I dont know what has got in to me?!?!?! I dont feel like working out. I feel EXHAUSTED.... I am BORED with the food I eat.... I am BORED with my exercise.... I hit a pleateu Dec 16th. I have lost 7 lbs since then. Very depressing....
Has anyone else gone thru this? How did you get past this?? I know its time for a change but I dont even know where to start right now. :cry:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rachael_narna
    Options
    im a size 18 & i would love love love to become a size 12 that would be so awesome :) x x
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    it'll come back when the new pants wont fit anymore
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Try to do what I am trying to do...regarding my blog. Zig zag your cals each week and burn cals when you can during the week just make one day a HUGE cal burn. It might help! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How is losing seven pounds in two months hitting a plateau? Sounds like solid progress to me! Stick with it. Change up your exercise routine a bit and maybe try some new low cal foods to relieve the boredom.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    it'll come back when the new pants wont fit anymore
    So true. I was slacking when school started again. When my new pants started getting tight, I started being good again. I threw out the old ones so I didn't have another option.
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think this is what people are talking about when they say that it's as much of a psychological journey as a physical one.

Last time I felt like that, I treated myself to new working out clothes. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get me into the gym the next day. :)
  • cathyalmand
    Options
    hang in there...change up ur routine....maybe vary your workout...whatever it is your doing do something different....if your walking throw some running intervels in there (im not talking super fast..just something to change it up) do some zumba or anything different...even if its just changing the order that you do ur workout....dont know what to tell ya about the food...i just posted a topic about that b.c. im bored with mine too!!! dont give up....plateaus are about your body getting use to stuff you just have to trick it!!! you can do it!! youve come to far to go back to where you were!!! good luck!!!!
  • darmel97
    Options
    New foods might help. I recently did a stir fry with cube steak, tofu, broccolli, onions, mushrooms with a nice seasoning. Tasty!!
    Hang in there.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I think this is what people are talking about when they say that it's as much of a psychological journey as a physical one.

Last time I felt like that, I treated myself to new working out clothes. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get me into the gym the next day. :)

LOVE new, cute workout clothes!
  • tslocum2001
    Options
    It really has helped me in the past to realign my goals so i am always working toward something. Little goals like fitting into my size 8 jeans then hang them up so I see them and then once they fit my size 6 etc. Seeing them helps keep me motivated
  • fh_sacs
    Options
    I've just signed up for fitnesspal today, but I am an old WeightWatcher girl so I get what its about. Your post was the first I read... and my initial reaction was: ****ty plateaus suck and then I thought... **** YOU HAVE LOST 7LBS SINCE XMAS, OVER THE WINTER MONTHS?!?! YOU ROCK!!!
    The motivation comes and goes, if we didn't have low days, we couldn't recognize the highs :)
    Best wishes!
  • jasonrip
    Options
    Has anyone else gone through this? Are you kidding? We all go through it! Everything in the universe involves cycles.

He is my advice, your body is adapting to what you are doing. Time to change it up. Drop your old exercise gym routine and construct a new one every 6-8 weeks. This will keep your body guessing. Think about all the possible cardio that's fun to you: dancing, biking, swimming, running, walking, etc. Seek out a fitness partner. Seek a personal trainers advice on ways to improve.

1) Make sure you are eating lots of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Check your protein intake. Protein is vital!
    2) 6 small meals a day
    3) Take food with you when you go out, even if it's just a protein bar or shake.
    4) Replace empty calories with a protein bar or yogurt.
    5) Make sure you eat a little something immediately upon waking! I love yogurt! (Or your body will break down your muscle for fuel)

Hope some of this help.

You can do it!

~Jason R.
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said 7 lbs is great!!...remember the less you have to lose and the closer you get - the harder it will be...your body has become very efficient now!!

I also read an article that said your body can become used to even the most dificult work out in as little as 3 weeks - so change it up...I ran into the same problem at Christmas...I stopped losing....so I changed my workout plan - I used to do the gym everyday and zumba...so now I take a different class everyday at the Y ...tried Yoga for the first time, loved it....and I am now switching it up again to go 50/50 cardio and weight training where as before I was more like 75/25 for cardio....

As for food - change it up for sure!! Remember it is about variety - if you eat the same thing week over week - you will feel like you are in diet mood....and that is not what you want!!! You want to eat healthy :)

Feel free to add me as a friend - the more support you have the better :)
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your advice and words of encouragement! I guess I never really looked at *7 lbs in 2 months*.... It seemed to FALL OFF so quick in the beginning, so when it slowed down, I got really down on myself.... I needed to hear all of this, I DON’T want my new pants getting tight on me…. I know how happy I was to be able to get into a size 12 again, I threw away all my old clothes. I NEVER want to go back to that. Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning… AGAIN. (lol)
    Thank you ALL again. I needed this!!! xo
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon7713
    Options
    Has anyone else gone through this? Are you kidding? We all go through it! Everything in the universe involves cycles.

He is my advice, your body is adapting to what you are doing. Time to change it up. Drop your old exercise gym routine and construct a new one every 6-8 weeks. This will keep your body guessing. Think about all the possible cardio that's fun to you: dancing, biking, swimming, running, walking, etc. Seek out a fitness partner. Seek a personal trainers advice on ways to improve.

1) Make sure you are eating lots of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Check your protein intake. Protein is vital!
    2) 6 small meals a day
    3) Take food with you when you go out, even if it's just a protein bar or shake.
    4) Replace empty calories with a protein bar or yogurt.
    5) Make sure you eat a little something immediately upon waking! I love yogurt! (Or your body will break down your muscle for fuel)

Hope some of this help.

You can do it!

~Jason R.

Thankyou so much for this!!
  • Shannon7713
    Options
    I agree with the person who said 7 lbs is great!!...remember the less you have to lose and the closer you get - the harder it will be...your body has become very efficient now!!

I also read an article that said your body can become used to even the most dificult work out in as little as 3 weeks - so change it up...I ran into the same problem at Christmas...I stopped losing....so I changed my workout plan - I used to do the gym everyday and zumba...so now I take a different class everyday at the Y ...tried Yoga for the first time, loved it....and I am now switching it up again to go 50/50 cardio and weight training where as before I was more like 75/25 for cardio....

As for food - change it up for sure!! Remember it is about variety - if you eat the same thing week over week - you will feel like you are in diet mood....and that is not what you want!!! You want to eat healthy :)

Feel free to add me as a friend - the more support you have the better :)

Thats so true.... it FEELS like a diet now!! Thankyou!!!!!!
  • caribbean1019
    Options
    I understand what you are saying here......what you need is to CHANGE IT UP, get a new recipe list, change what you eat and what your doing for excercise. This is your TIME to try something new again.

Your new foods will be more interesting, try stuff you have not had, recipes, get creative again. Same thing with what you were doing for excerise, maybe take a dance class ....just suggestions.

YOU CAN DO THIS

Long term we all will get to where you are and have to go through what you are going through. Many probably already have, I wish you the Best because YOU deserve it.