Exercise ideas while sitting...

Options
If i`m not tending to my family and did my workout for the day, i tend to be sitting at my computer. I was wondering if anyone had any exercise ideas while sitting in a computer chair ...

Replies

• carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know too...I sit at a desk ALL day long!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    leg lifts, slow and try to think there is resistance on the leg, pretending you have weights on the leg, go up and down very slow. Also, be sure to hold your stomach in all the time.
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    i know some people that have replaced their chair with an exercise ball in order to build core muscles while working.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Squeeze your butt muscles (haha). Every once in awhile I'll sit and do that practically all day and I feel it the next day. If you sit in an area right next to someone else it may be a bit more obvious what you're doing compared to sitting in an office by yourself.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Isometrics. Pull that tummy in all the way to your back and hold it. Then release for a little while and repeat. Do the same with the buns. Squeeze and release.

I do this at red lights too!!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Squeeze your butt muscles off and on for long squeezes, but don't do too much. I once did them on a long boring 4 hr car ride and could barely walk the next day.
  • esthertsivia
    esthertsivia Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Punches! These things are all good that people are saying, but if you want cardio while sitting, just do a bunch of punches in the air, diagonal to the other side. It really gets your heart rate up. If your'e watching a tv show, do it during the commercial, etc.
  • jjrichard
    Options
    Thank you everyone. great suggestions, will definitely give them a try :)
  • jessicajc4
    Options
    i know some people that have replaced their chair with an exercise ball in order to build core muscles while working.

I heard this too.. I am not on the hunt for one!
  • jjrichard
    Options
    I did try that once. now it's in the basement, kept falling off the thing, could never get the exercise ball right..guess my balance is not that great with it..lol