New here and loving it so far...

Options
I started my program yesterday. I am in a program at the Veteran's Hospital for all women, it is to teach us a new way of life. They told us about sites like this one. I thought I would try this site and see how it goes. I have enjoyed reading posts and blogs on this site. I even started a blog. I hope I do well and stick with it. I am sick of being out of control with my weight and exercise. Good luck to everyone and I hope to get to know some of you out there to help each other out and exchange info.

Replies

• nellyp0oh
    nellyp0oh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie. I'm new here too!! I am super excited to get started. Just waiting for my workout DVDs to get here to get started. Been too lazy to go out into the cold to head to the gym. I hope you lose big time!!! Good luck in your journey!!
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well. Getting used to this posting is interesting!
  • lauriedav
    lauriedav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am really excited too. Which work out DVD'S did you order? Good luck to you too and thank you.
  • caribbean1019
    Options
    Welcome, I didnt know they had a program for woman, thats awesome. I think if you use all the tools you have but still keep it simple they can work together to help you get on track.

I really am loving this site it helps me a great deal to get refocused on ME and what I want best of luck to you, if you want a friend on here feel free to send me a reqest
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    I bought P90x and 30day Shred (Jillian Michaels). I have a membership to the gym, but when its cold I don't feel like traveling to the gym
  • lauriedav
    Options
    Hi, yes it does take some getting used to doesn't it? Good luck to you. I hope you do very well. ; )
  • lauriedav
    Options
    Hi and thank you for your support. Yes, I would like to be friends on here. I will send you a request.
  • lauriedav
    Options
    OMG! P90X is so hard! I can't do it yet because of my recent back surgery. The Shred one sounds interesting too. Good luck!
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    Yea I heard p90x is really hard. my hubby is gonna do that one. I'm gonna start off with the Shred and then work my way into P90x. I need to be pushed. I have this huge cyst in my ovary and sometimes it bothers me so tomorrow I see my doc and hopefully I will get the ok to start my program.
  • lauriedav
    Options
    I hope all goes well at the doc tomorrow. Do you have to have surgery for the cyst?
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    Thanks. Don't know yet. I pray I don't.
  • lauriedav
    Options
    Saying a prayer for you...
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    Thanks very appreciated!!
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    ***update***

My doc said I can exercise. She said nothing too extreme so I guess P90x is out for now. But I'm doing the 30 day shred. If it starts to hurt around the cyst area then I'll stop, but I'm focused.