nothing for 3 weeks? am i doing this wrong!?

Options
13»

Replies

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Your'e eating 1200 a day? Is this what MFP told you to eat when you entered in your height/weight/etc? Follow what MFP suggested and eat that NET calorie amount. If you can't eat that much, plan your foods out and force yourself to eat it. You're doing more harm than good by not eating.

Something to remember is that you can't rush losing weight and if you do, its not healthy or pleasant, and you won't look as good as the next person who lost it slowly. Stick to 1-2lbs a week.

If you lose weight fast, especially with minimal exercise, your body will burn a lot of your muscle off. This leads to an undefined body.

1. Eat your NET Calories. (At your weight I don't think 1200 is the right amount)
    2. Exercise (At least 3 times a week)
    3. Eat your fats, carbs, and proteins.
    4. Take a multivitamin

Yes, however, burning substantial amounts of lean body mass as fuel will only happen if the OP is severely malnourished and below 6% body fat. That's not something most people here on MFP will ever experience while bringing down their weight.

The other way would be to fast a little more, not less, but do this in a structured way, if this is something the OP can sustain mentally.

http://ifdiet.blogspot.com/2007/11/one-meal-day-vs-intermittent-fasting.html

heresy, I know, but it's simply an alternative approach.
  • MrX8503
    Options

Yes, however, burning substantial amounts of lean body mass as fuel will only happen if the OP is severely malnourished and below 6% body fat. That's not something most people here on MFP will ever experience while bringing down their weight.

The other way would be to fast a little more, not less, but do this in a structured way, if this is something the OP can sustain mentally.

I hope you're not suggesting that exercising isn't important. We need to get out of the mindset that we need to "lose weight". What we need to do is "be healthy".

With minimal exercise and large weight loss, you'll have a lot of loose skin. Your body won't be very toned.
  • lodro
    Options

I hope you're not suggesting that exercising isn't important. We need to get out of the mindset that we need to "lose weight". What we need to do is "be healthy".

With minimal exercise and large weight loss, you'll have a lot of loose skin. Your body won't be very toned.

That's not what I'm saying. However, as a weight loss tool, exercise is of very limited benefit.

I'd say we definitely need to eat fewer calories.
  • MrX8503
    Options

That's not what I'm saying. However, as a weight loss tool, exercise is of very limited benefit.

The OP is eating 1200 calories, thats already eating fewer calories than she is recommended to do. Also weight loss shouldn't be the only goal here.
  • lodro
    Options

The OP is eating 1200 calories, thats already eating fewer calories than she is recommended to do. Also weight loss shouldn't be the only goal here.

That is true as well.
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    well 1250 is what MFP has told me!!

so confused! my brm is around 1700 should i go up to that?