Feeling faint.. do I push through it?

Options
I've been working out on average 5x week. Mostly cardio and 1 Zumba class a week. Today I took a cardio sculpt class (high intentsity) and after 30 mins thought I was going to faint. This has happened before, another time meeting with a trainer and 30 minutes in, felt like I was going to faint. I always drink water, and obivously want to push myself and not just whimp out, but sometimes I really start feeling like the lights in the room are bothering me, I am dizzy, and feel like fainting.... So my questions is, does this happen to you??? If so, do you stop or push through it? I've been told it helps to lay down and put legs up to help blood flow, but not always easy to do in the middle of a class.... Any advice???

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? Just wondering what your heart rate is when this happens?
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    If you feel faint good idea is to stop. Your body will get use to it and you will be able to go longer. Just be patient. Also good idea is to have a talk with you DR and see what he/she says...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Ummm, are you eating enough before you are workin out? Your blood sugar levels may be dropping too low!
  • kimmieko16
    kimmieko16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't have hrm... when I do cardio on machines it says anywhere between 160-175. I am 25 years old and currently weigh 176
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    sounds like your heart is doing something....if it were me i would definetly sit down for a few minutes ...im not an expert..but it doesnt sound safe.
  • kimmieko16
    kimmieko16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have not seen doctor in a while, but def need to.... and I think I am eating enough before the gym... I have breakfast, lunch and then go to the gym around 5ish. I am on the road alot for my job, so I drink/ slimfast shakes and granola bars, peanuts... something like that
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've gotten to that point a few times...both in the past when I use to work out a ton and currently. I stop because I get like that when I'm doing crazy intense workouts and my heart rate is super high and I'm way over heated. I would definitely let your body cool down and calm down before getting back into what you are doing!
  • sooperdad
    Options
    Yep, been there too, a few days ago, I checked and my HR was actually above my max so I had to slow it down for a few minutes. You definitely don't want to push through it (in my humble opinion)... Just let your HR come back down to a manageable level.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it could be from a number of different things and if you haven't been to the doctors for awhile then you definitly need to be. For some reason or another you're obvisously not gettin enough oxygen to your brain causing you to feel faint.