Any OCD people out there??

Options
I just wanted to say It really bugs me when I'm so close to weighing a "regular number", like a multiple of 10 or 5..like for the longest time I was 159lbs I almost wanted to gain a pound so I wouldn't be an odd number! Now I'm 151lbs and I cant seem to lose that ONE POUND! and it's REALLY ANNOYING!! Ok I'm glad I got that out :)

Anyone hear me on this??

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    OCDS :drinker:
  • tracybewick
    Options
    Im not soo bad with numbers but........gotta have my mat lined up with the grooves in the floor at the gym!!!! How sad eh???
  • emmascott
    Options
    I hear you! Lol

Couldn't possibly list my minor ocd's lol

I had a friend who would struggle with the same as what you describe, she would count whilst pee-ing and be really cross if she couldn't finish pee-ing in a multiple of five! Lol
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can deal with not-whole-numbers in weights but in any thing else, they frustrate me. I am definitely one of those everything-has-its-place girls. I rewrite lists (a lot) and every time I go to the gym, I want to rewrite my entries from previous sessions just to make them neater. Oh, and my mat has to be straight because otherwise I don't feel right in an off-balanced kind of way.

:smile:
  • emmascott
    Options
    Have to have volume on TV in an even number. Have even got hubby doing that one!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I can relate, though it's not on the weight part but on the numbers. I count things up to twelve and then I have to start over. Oh gosh, that makes me sound crazy! But if it makes you feel better, you are just about at my goal weight! Although I think I may strive for less than 150 but I'm slightly jealous ;)
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    I can relate, though it's not on the weight part but on the numbers. I count things up to twelve and then I have to start over. Oh gosh, that makes me sound crazy! But if it makes you feel better, you are just about at my goal weight! Although I think I may strive for less than 150 but I'm slightly jealous ;)

I'm in the same boat- my goal was 150 but now that I'm almost there i see I can afford to lose a few more pounds. 10lbs seemed like a lot to lose but now Im thinking about maybe 130..any thinner then that I think I'll look sick..we'll see
    can deal with not-whole-numbers in weights but in any thing else, they frustrate me. I am definitely one of those everything-has-its-place girls. I rewrite lists (a lot) and every time I go to the gym, I want to rewrite my entries from previous sessions just to make them neater. Oh, and my mat has to be straight because otherwise I don't feel right in an off-balanced kind of way.

I LOVE lists! and re-write them over and over too!
  • cerrmann
    Options
    Hmm I'm like that with my car stereo. I won't let people adjust the volume to odd numbers. It needs to be 10 or 12 etc NOT 11 lol. Sometimes I drive back to work to make sure I locked the door when I know I did already. Same with the garage door at home etc. Hey... I sound kinda crazy?!