CALLING ALL P90Xrs!! A little help please..

Options
I'm starting P90x on Monday and would like some advice as to how to keep track of those workouts on MFP. Does anyone have a good way of doing this?

Replies

• GufoBianca
    Options
    Heart rate monitor! :-)
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor! :-)

exactly :)
  • markciagne
    Options
    I log all my workouts under cardiovascular and then use a similar heading like aerobics, strength training, kick boxing, yoga, etc... then I would make note as to which exact workout it was plyo, yoga, chest/shoulders/triceps in the exercise note field. If you were really a go-getter you could create your own workout heading, but it seemed like to much work for me.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i just asked one of my mfp friends how he does it cuz he seems to be big on p90x. when he replies ill let you know what he said. i ordered the p90x today and am looking forward to starting it too. i hear its a real a**-kicker. my hubbys sgt said it was hard for him to do too
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting P90X either on Sunday or Monday (Lean). I had to hit the road for my job and I was missing a few things (ordered the B-bands...didn't like what was offered at the sporting goods store and couldn't find a body fat caliper at any store). Those items will be on my doorstep tomorrow and I fly home Thursday night. i plan on doing the fit test on Friday or Saturday and starting P90X on Sunday or Monday. I will send those on this thread a friend request. Maybe we can kick each other's butts while P90X kicks it at the same time.

Most message boards on here have been saying to note it as circuit training with the HRM reading be the calorie burn noted under "Cardiovascular". This is the first thread I have noticed where the actual workout (plyo, cardio X, kenpo, etc.) was noted in the comments. That is a good idea. It can give you an idea what workouts tend to burn more calories.

I plan on heavily leaning on the HRM and trust it implicitly.

Hell, you could call it "rodeo bull riding" or "jumping to conclusions" (lame joke) as long as you are logging earned calories properly from the trusty HRM.

Good luck future P90Xer!!!
  • suzygmom
    Options
    The P90x schedule is simplified a little on wikipedia...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X#Program_overview
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK EVERYONE!
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mark. Did you lose all your weight on p90x?