Weekends!

Options
So I find Monday - Friday afternoon, I do fine sticking to my calories, water, and exercise. Then Friday night hits and it seems to go down hill for most of the weekend. There is always some fun event or entertaining going on during the weekends. By luck, I have still lost, thankfully. Anybody have this problem?

Replies

• pearlbennett
    Options
    YES I HAVE THE SAME problem with kids that are in sports traviling on the weekends is very hard to stay on track i need help
  • pcfleeman
    Options
    Same here. What I do is make Saturday "Cheat Day" I eat whatever I want for the day, but I still track it. I found that when I'm at a restaraunt and I'm looking at the menu seeing that the grilled chicken dish is 400 calories as opposed to the burger that's 700 I'm more inclined to chose the chicken if I have to write it down. Even on cheat day logging the calories help make smarter choices.
  • motherhen
    motherhen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can totally identify. This has pretty much been my problem since I tried Jenny Craig about 3 years ago. I would lose about 2 lbs. during the week then gain it back on the weekend. The only tricks I can think of for someone who likes to go out and socialize with adults is to drink diet tonic with vodka, only 40 calories and try to eat before you go out so you don't overeat party treats. That's what I try to do anyway.
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep I do. I am on maternity leave and spend lots of time at my parent's house and at other family member's house... and let's say they are not too fond of eating healthy. But since Im no one to make special requests or cause them any problems, I've been bringing my lunch. At first it insulted very much my mom but I think now she understands. A typical lunch would be a cheeseburger and fries for her and my father - I can't have that on my diet - so I explained to her and now she's fine with it. She still rolls her eyes when I put my salad in her fridge , but that's the solution I found to spend the day with them AND stick to my diet :)
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The first week of dieting, I was like that, but then I learned to carry 100 calorie bars on me everywhere i go. Bingo, friends houses, bday parties, etc. It's OK to break out ur own food. I do it all the time now! Even if u go somewhere where ur not supposed to bring ur own food (like the movies)....screw it. They don't sell anything that resembles nutritious food, so do ur own thing! Just stick to ur guns and before u know it, willpower will take over! Its a great feeling :flowerforyou:
  • LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am with you on my high calorie days I have still logged my calories...I really think that it keeps my head in the game...I am afraid if I miss a day it will be too easy to stay away another and another and another....I have logged on 40 days and counting. My plan is to log on every day good or bad. Weekends can be a killer here too...more times of eating out...
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I often choose to cheat on the weekends. I try to keep my breakfast and lunch the same as M-F, increase my water and activity if possible (maybe a workout early in the morning or before I go out) and then enjoy myself at night. I still have a loss, and I don't feel deprived! The trick is anticipating all the fun and outsmarting it. Good luck :drinker: