A New Day

Options
Well, it all started as we are in competition for the biggest loser at work. We had six weeks to lose weight and this is the last week and I have not lost anything. This week, I started eating healthy and trying to maintain my caloric count. I have tried other things in the past and I have not made them work. I realize that only I can make this happen. I am afraid that I won't continue my weekly caloric count like always and that I will not allow myself to continue or will I sabotage myself like I always do. I have not started exercising as I am going to school at night, work an internship and work a full time job during the day. Excuses..... maybe.... okay yes. I sat and knitted last night instead of getting on the treadmill. I need help and support.

Replies

• mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Beth. You have come to the right place to find support. I am sending a friend request your way.

This site has really helped me manage my calories and really look at my diet. Everyone is very helpful and encouraging. We'll help you the best we can.:smile:
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    Support is what you will get here.

It can be hard to get into the groove of exercising, especially when you are busy. I felt that way myself when I was working almost full-time and going to class at night. Just start small, like maybe 1x a week and work up from there.

You can do it!

what type of internship? I'm in one myself right now...
  • bethdloo
    bethdloo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much...

I am working on a Masters of Arts in counseling. I am doing a counseling internship at a halfway house. I am doing a 40 a week internship and it is really stressful. I am surprised I have not gained more weight.
  • tgood4
    Options
    Welcome! I am new also, but I have found the support awesome! I am on the internet all the time, so it so easy to track your food! It makes it real when you can see EXACTLY where you are as far as your calories go! Good Luck!
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    I just realized I never responded (bad me)... I'm in my internship for counseling as well! What population/setting are you looking to work with???