:/ Just disappointed...

courtney489
courtney489 Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I've been really 'good' about eating right and exercising and have been under my calorie goal for each day. So far it's paid off. And after nearly 3 years of being in a rut and not being able to lose any weight, I've lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. It feels really great.

Tonight my boyfriend and I celebrated Valentine's Day and had a little date night. We went to Outback, and after talking myself out of one of their 500 calorie options, I got the Parmesan fettuccine pasta with shrimp and scallops. I had some of the bread and a drink with my meal. And when I got home and got on here, I found out that the pasta alone was 1,320 calories. And after adding everything else, I am negative 698 calories for today.

I'm just so disappointed in myself because I've been doing so good. My boyfriend told me I've been doing great and to not let this get in the way of anything, but I just feel upset with myself. I wish I would've told myself 'no' and got what I wanted to get in the first place. :/

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Tomorrow is a new day....just cut your calories for the next 3 days by 200 and itll balance out
  • Give yourself a cheat day once in awhile....Valentine's Day is a great day to do that! Enjoy your cheat days....and get back to counting your calories the very next day. I cheated on Super Bowl Sunday and I didn't even bother to log my calories in that day. I did an hours worth of cardio before the party and then I just enjoyed my food and cocktails. On Monday, I started counting calories again. Don't punish yourself for these little indulgences. YOU ARE IN CONTROL.
  • Cheer up buttercup!!
    Tomorrow is ANOTHER DAY!! Don't get so down on yourself!
    Remember your progress so far :smile:
  • joetee1971
    joetee1971 Posts: 6 Member
    I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago, except it was Boston Pizza and a the burger alone was 1100 calories. The important thing is that you know for next time and you won't be unaware the next time you have to make a selection. Don't sweat it just get back on track tommorrow. I thought that for sure that I would pay the price on the scale that week but it didn't show, I think one slip up is fine. Good luck, you are off to a great start :)
  • Don't let 1 bad day/meal throw you off of the great work you have been doing. Tomorrow is a new day- get back on the band wagon and kick some *kitten*
  • Upanddown
    Upanddown Posts: 35 Member
    Best said by Shelty64!! The problem is is that your splurge day was so close to your start and your new way of eating hasn't quite set in yet so you feel as though you've failed. But honestly...there are going to be holidays and special occassions for the rest of your life.....do you really think you are going to have the willpower to deprive yourself?? No.....nor do you want to.
    Just remember that for most people.........pasta is killer!!! It's never a good choice!!! If "man" made it....lol....it's probably high in calories!!! Just a suggestion....should you want to feel as though you splurged......just order yourelf a nice chunk of lean protein (meat/steak) with double veggies on the side. If they offer a starch....make it a sweet potatoe sans the fixings....very yummy!!! Or if you order a stirfry....ask for half the sauce.....still very yummy!! And save your splurges for the glass of wine and "split" dessert.
    Don't dwell on what already happened.....set your sight on the finish line and move on!!!
    Quitting will only keep you where you are but constant committment will move you forward!!!
    Keep at it......you can do this!! =D
This discussion has been closed.