Tips for healthy digestion?

Options
Hi guys,
My diary is public if you want to take a peak. I used to track fibre which i know is good for digestion, but i noticed taht i was easily hitting my targets daily so i decided to track other nutrients.
I try to eat a fruit salad daily, lots of veggies at dinner, wholemeal bread etc, so i know fibre is not the problem. I also drink a lot of water daily, but my stomach is still upset and has been since i started on mfp.
My stomach is always making strange noises :S and just feels bloated and uncomfortable.
Do you have any tips on how to maintain a healthy digestive system? and i know that my diet is not perfect but i am trying hard and have made a lot of progress.
Oh and i went to the doctor to have bloodwork, and i don't have a bug or anything, it's diet related.
Thanks guys :)

Replies

• watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't all the added fiber ? I use probiotics, it seems to have helped me alot! If you do decide to go that route, make sure whatever brand you get, guarantees live cultures.. =)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I only got back through 4 days, where you're having some sort of bread - wheat - grain whatever product for every meal. My stomache would be roiling too with bread/grain as my starch every meal.

Have a look at your goals on here and check your percentage goals? IF they are the default settings your protein may be low and I would personally try more protein in place of some of those carbs, even if they are good ones being whole-grain etc you want to have even the good stuff in moderation and balance.

I bumped my protein goal up to 30% which is close enough for me to be 0.5 grams per lb of body weight for my intake goal.
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It may be too much fibre actaully. I feel as if my diet revolves around wholegrain carbs at the moment. I don't know what i would do without bread! I will try to up my protein and focus on that instead and try to cut down on the carbs to see if this helps :S